cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Iorn Cross running boards ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have an 03 F350 extended cab, looking at the Iorn Cross 3" tubular wheel to wheel running boards. They told me thay bolt right on. I can't find any ratings, does anyone have experience with this product. Thanks
Art
6 REPLIES 6

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would not argue that flat is better than round, but I was wondering how well the Iorn Cross running boards hold up? Thanks
Art

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
We have tubular boards. Where you enter there is a flat spot and a rubber anti-slip mat, both on ours and the Iron Cross.

In 7 years with 3 adults, no one has ever slipped. I have entered the truck three times upon leaving the hospital after foot or leg surgery, no problems then either.

Yes, I realize there is a "flat spot" on the tubes, the problem is it is a very SMALL flat spot. Try dealing with young children or very OLD adults and you WILL eventually end up with someone finding a way to get hurt.

To me it would be like using a step or extension ladder every day, I have a lot of problems with injuring tendons easily in my feet (and I am not real, real old). Just not much fun having to limp around even after walking on uneven ground. Ladders can even stir up my foot problems..

YES, they do look cool but remember that not everyone is able to plant there foot correctly on a 2" deep step...

Never said or claimed they were for everyone. OP asked for experience, right or wrong, I contributed mine, just as you did yours.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dog Folks wrote:
We have tubular boards. Where you enter there is a flat spot and a rubber anti-slip mat, both on ours and the Iron Cross.

In 7 years with 3 adults, no one has ever slipped. I have entered the truck three times upon leaving the hospital after foot or leg surgery, no problems then either.

Yes, I realize there is a "flat spot" on the tubes, the problem is it is a very SMALL flat spot. Try dealing with young children or very OLD adults and you WILL eventually end up with someone finding a way to get hurt.

To me it would be like using a step or extension ladder every day, I have a lot of problems with injuring tendons easily in my feet (and I am not real, real old). Just not much fun having to limp around even after walking on uneven ground. Ladders can even stir up my foot problems..

YES, they do look cool but remember that not everyone is able to plant there foot correctly on a 2" deep step...

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer

Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Andymon wrote:
All I can say is I test drove an F250 with the tube running boards and we both almost slipped on them getting in and out. So, we went with the flat boards.

X2!

Even thought "tubulars" look "cool" it isn't cool if you slip off and break body parts in the process in front of your friends or all alone.

This is especially one place where function trumps form and fashion in my book...

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is I test drove an F250 with the tube running boards and we both almost slipped on them getting in and out. So, we went with the flat boards.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon