Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 2007 Rockwood Freedom AC ready????

hopperv
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
New to the site.
We just bought a 2007 Rockwood Freedom 2280 from a friend who purchased it new.
We are trying to find out if this PUP is
1) is wired to add a roof unit
2) is the roof is braced to add a roof unit.
3) Do we need a crush proof kit.
Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

hopperv
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there are braces in the roof.
You can see them running across the roof, from the outside, under the roof 'skin'.
We are thinking of having someone do the install to get it done right.
Now that we know that most of the required stuff is already in place that will make it easier.
Just need to find somewhere decent priced to get it done.

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
You are mostly wired for air conditioning. My only concern would be if roof bracing is needed or is it already present (visible or not).

I would take the box and have a 20 amp recepticle installed. The one outlet you show is 20 amps but is it wired to the 20 amp circuit breaker labeled "AC" or the 15 amp circuit breaker labeled "110"? I would use a tester or a light to determine which breaker controlled that outlet. I sure hope it's not a 20 amp outlet on a 15 amp breaker...

You will have a number of choices when wiring in the new A/C. You can go to the silver service box and hard wire it in with those wire nuts. You can also turn that service box into a proper 120v 20 amp outlet with box so you can plug and unplug the A/C as needed. I would say this is how most of the A/C units are set up - 20 amp outlets even if they're dedicated/not duplex.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

hopperv
Explorer
Explorer

This one fell off for some reason.

hopperv
Explorer
Explorer
OK this is what we found when hunting around.
Found this silver box and what's inside.
[img][/img]

Also this panel and socket

Hope these photos come through and they make sense to you.

Any input is appreciated
Thx!

BudRock
Explorer
Explorer
On the Rockwood Freedom..... Roof A/C Electrical Kit (Includes Wire and Prep for Roof A/C) is an option. Therefore some have it others do not

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
There's a very good chance that your PUP is pre-wired for AC. One quick check would be to look into the power distribution center/power converter where the 12v fuses and 120v breakers are located. Hopefully, there is a 120v circuit break that is A) labeled "A/C" or "Air Conditioner" and B) is 20 amps.

If those are true, you're in luck and just have to find where the outlet is hiding. It will look similar to this:

Notice the T-shaped slot on the left. This indicates that it can handle 15 amps (typical household outlet style) or 20 amps, needed for the A/C.

Look for this outlet inside cabinets if it is not visible on the front of the furniture.

If none of the above is true, then you're in for a little more fun. There are options, but I would suggest taking a picture of the power center first and posting it here if you are unsure.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

hopperv
Explorer
Explorer
blw2 wrote:
I don't know if this will help you or not.....I had an '05 freedom. I don't think they've changed much at all since then.
Mine came with it installed, I assume from teh factory. It had a marine type male 15A connector in the vertical side wall of the roof, and a mating power extention cord that pulled through a mouse hole in the side of the pup from under the same seat as the power drop and the converter. The wire form the AC unit to the side of the roof was pulled through the roof and not attached to the ceiling.

I always assumed that these later model pups all came from the factory with roofs designed with whatever structure required for an AC install, and assumed taht all is reqd is to cut a hole.

Thanks. We bought this from our friend who did not get it installed when he purchased it new he only used an indoor unit which was huge and we want to be able to actually use the table not have a huge unit sitting on it.

We have tried calling the manufacturer and have left 4 voicemails and no-one returns our calls - so annoying.

Thanks for your help. I will get hubby to take a look when he gets a chance.

blw2
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if this will help you or not.....I had an '05 freedom. I don't think they've changed much at all since then.
Mine came with it installed, I assume from teh factory. It had a marine type male 15A connector in the vertical side wall of the roof, and a mating power extention cord that pulled through a mouse hole in the side of the pup from under the same seat as the power drop and the converter. The wire form the AC unit to the side of the roof was pulled through the roof and not attached to the ceiling.

I always assumed that these later model pups all came from the factory with roofs designed with whatever structure required for an AC install, and assumed taht all is reqd is to cut a hole.