cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it just me?

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
There alot of time that I really could use a squeeze tube of Proflex or Dicor but I have to end up wasting money on a tube to use just a little bit. Then end up throwing it away because it gets hard...
20 REPLIES 20

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Little red caps works very well. I've had an open tube of Dicor for several years which is still soft and useable. Rolls down over the end of the tube, reminiscent of a similar product for another purpose. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the same thing. A small tube similar to the tubes of caulk or silicone. Roll the tube up from the bottom and have precise control for areas that you want to look nice.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
No, it's not just you.
And it's not just partial tubes of sealant for RVs that are wasted like that. I find capping or plugging the partially used cartridge just delays the curing action in the tube but doesn't prevent it like an unopened tube. But even unopened tubes have a limited shelf life.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
You can also use a large nail.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
It is just you. Get some of these and stop wasting your caulk.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just you. I make sure I seal the end tightly with Aluminum foil and it stays usable for a LONG time. This year from March to October in Casa Grande in a shed.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!