cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SHE GONNA BLOW!

mtshowdown
Explorer
Explorer
Need your help. I have been a Ford owner for several years (have not considered other brands); due to recent issues with Ford warranty repairs I am looking at changing brands.
My current vehicle is 2016 Ford F350 Platinum, DRW Diesel.
I will be replacing it with another DRW Diesel (2020 model). I tow a 40’ 5th wheel camper that’s around 17,000 lbs.
GM and Dodge owners how are your vehicles treating you, reliability, warranty issues, comfort, ride, fuel economy, etc.?
As you can see from below, I have had far more problems than normal. So a manufacture that stands behind their customers (without a knife) is of great importance.
I believe the most recent repair has made the vehicle unsafe. The engine ingested app. 2 gallons of engine coolant. Ford authorized replacement of both heads and turbo, but they did not allow dealership to inspect block, pistons, rings, rods, mains, etc. for distortion or cracks.
I will be towing through the mountains. I’m not going to risk my family’s lives. If this engine BLOWS you could have a run-away vehicle.

I purchased my 2016 in Sep. 2016, since then it has been in for repairs approximately 196 days.
-Engine times 2. (1st time they replaced short block and 1 head, 2nd time both heads and turbo).
-Navigation screen lockup
-seat belt warning system (was working before engine replacement 1st time) dealership said this vehicle did not come with the warning system (the red light and chime when you forget to buckle your seatbelt).
-fan blower noisy.
-Sunroof sticking.
-front driveshaft vibration.
-4 wheel drive not engaging.
-Lacks power (this is a 2016 with 3.73 gears) the 2012 I traded with 3.55 gears far outperformed this vehicle.
-Platinum emblem that came loose & turn signal bulb was repaired with only one trip to the dealer.
53 REPLIES 53

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn’t drive a truck without a properly secured emblem.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mtshowdown
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate the replies. Trying to gather as much information as possable in a short time, need to get the replacement ordered. Thany you to those that have already posted.

mtshowdown
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:
You’re not going to get realistic data from polling owners, just a bunch of people telling you to buy their favorite flavor.

I’d just go shopping and buy what I liked. Chances of getting a second lemon are slim, irrespective of what brand it is.

Agree on the lemon issue, my 2012 F350 one of the best vehicles I ever owned.
Have no desire to support a manufacture that does not provide protection to their customer.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't read complaints from Dodge owners in quite a while.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
They all suck IMHO!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I work at a Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram dealer. The Rams don't seem to have many issues. Yes you may encounter some, but they are few and far between. As far as electrical issue like the radio. Well all manuf. are going to have those problems. And the warranty is always there to use. We have never given a customer a problem with warranty work.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
You’re not going to get realistic data from polling owners, just a bunch of people telling you to buy their favorite flavor.

I’d just go shopping and buy what I liked. Chances of getting a second lemon are slim, irrespective of what brand it is.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Chevy trucks for many years. I use them hard in my business. They are always loaded heavy. I tow frequently. I have very few problems out of them. If I did, like you, I would not continue buying them. I've had '01, '02, '05, '07, '09, and '15. All were 2500 or 3500; some gas, some diesel. Very few problems out of any of them. All were fairly minor. My current truck has 261,000 miles on it and I've already speced out a 2020 3500 dually to replace it.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Try a G M C.