cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

jack supports

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone mounted a set of scissor jacks in the middle of the trailer besides the ones that are already located up front and in the back I am just looking for other ways of taking out more of the trailer movement.
8 REPLIES 8

Retired_Alex
Explorer
Explorer
Finished putting the first jack on today. Pictures here.
Alex & Mary Burnett
JD the Camping Boxer
2011 Onxy 25RB
2006 Ford F150 XLT
My Pictures

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think X chocks are going to help a lot with a long rig. A product like Steadyfast will, according to reports on this site. I'm about to pop for a set.

Also, Slide supports can be a very expensive mistake. Read up on it before going that route.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Retired_Alex
Explorer
Explorer
LakeN wrote:
If you want to take out movement....BAL X chocks should do it. We recently got a pair for our TT....big difference in stability at the site! Purchased from Amazon...best price.

BAL X chock 28012 $78.56 for pair

The BAL X Chocks will not take the bounce (up and down movement) out of the suspension where the trailer is supported by the springs and tires. Bal X Chocks stop the backward and forward movement of the trailer.

I am in the middle of adding extra scissor jacks to my frame in front of the wheels.
Alex & Mary Burnett
JD the Camping Boxer
2011 Onxy 25RB
2006 Ford F150 XLT
My Pictures

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Slide out stabilizers are great also.

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to take out movement....BAL X chocks should do it. We recently got a pair for our TT....big difference in stability at the site! Purchased from Amazon...best price.

BAL X chock 28012 $78.56 for pair
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the extra pair of stabilizers and use between the tire x-chocks and almost all of the movement is gone. You will not be disappointed if you make the mod.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of people do just what you are thinking about. Why the hesitation?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Moved from Forum Technical Support