cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco Jay Flight

Candie4749
Explorer
Explorer
Our new Jayco 34RSBS is on order and we are eagerly awaiting a ship date. We love this model but I do have a few small concerns. Where do you put a trash can? We do not see any space for one in the kitchen and certainly do not want to place one in the living area. The tv fits into a door and since it was A $750.00 option we decided to just purchase one but have not been able to find one that will fit in the space that they have. Has anyone taken the door off and bought a bigger tv to put in that space? I would love to hear some ideas from Jayco owners that have this same type of floor plan.
9 REPLIES 9

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a small TT. I just put the trash can outside right by the door. When I want to throw something away I just open the door and toss it. This would not work in Bear country.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
My Jay flight came with all wiring for TV.. both in bedroom and LR... just no mounts.. (actually LR had a cabinet for big tv, but I chose to use it for other things).. I bought a swivel mount from WalMart.com (with local store pickup) for a good price and then mounted it to cabinet rail.

Place marked for mounting in BR, just never bothered.. I don't watch lots of TV.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ugly04 wrote:
I ordered a 2017 Jay Flight back in the spring and did not order the TV, not paying $750 for a $200 TV, and everything was there to install it except for the mount. I believe the hdmi cable was even in there. I bought a Mor Ryde mount and had it installed in 30 minutes.

x2, on my 2016 as well .

also , my trash can fit under my kitchen sink.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our garbage basket sits just under our oven. If I were not such a procrastinator I could build it into the access panel. There are many such mods folks make to their TTs.

I would definitely pre-wire the TV. Probably why it cost to much as an option.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Our Jay Flight came pre wired for a TV in the bedroom and living room. We have yet to mount one in the bedroom. For the garbage can, we have a hanger with a lid that's mounted to the back of the under sink cabinet door that holds plastic grocery bags. We use one in the house too. Since we recycle anything recyclable, we don't have much garbage and the bags work out great.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Ugly04
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a 2017 Jay Flight back in the spring and did not order the TV, not paying $750 for a $200 TV, and everything was there to install it except for the mount. I believe the hdmi cable was even in there. I bought a Mor Ryde mount and had it installed in 30 minutes.
JD and Belinda
3 boys 3 girls
2017 Jayco 29QBS
2001 Excursion

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
Candie4749 wrote:
Our new Jayco 34RSBS is on order and we are eagerly awaiting a ship date. We love this model but I do have a few small concerns. Where do you put a trash can? We do not see any space for one in the kitchen and certainly do not want to place one in the living area. The tv fits into a door and since it was A $750.00 option we decided to just purchase one but have not been able to find one that will fit in the space that they have. Has anyone taken the door off and bought a bigger tv to put in that space? I would love to hear some ideas from Jayco owners that have this same type of floor plan.

Try going over to the Jayco owners forum, they will have all the answers you need:
Here
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

Candie4749
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
Make certain your new Jay Flight comes pre-wired for a television. My dealer, not a Jayco dealer, had someone order a new TT without a television and the factory also eliminated the wiring for one.

Just something for you to check on so there would be no surprises.

Thank you! We did not think about that.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Make certain your new Jay Flight comes pre-wired for a television. My dealer, not a Jayco dealer, had someone order a new TT without a television and the factory also eliminated the wiring for one.

Just something for you to check on so there would be no surprises.