Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just ordered a Blackstone Chianti. 280RDSB

Uramillionaire
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.

I'm really excited. I haven't had a travel trailer for a while. I was looking for almost a year. Going back and forth between Super C's, Redwoods Fifth wheels and travel trailers.
My home is in escrow and I'm going to go full time RVing.

I finally found a great setup with the Outdoors RV Blackstone Chianti. Or Blackstone 280RDSB.

http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/black-stone-280RDSB/

This one has it all. (I added all the options). There were not many to add btw. That's why I love this brand so much. Blackstone is great value and well built.

In the bedroom:
A true queen bed on a slideout.
Full width closet with shoe racks, large hanging space and extra drawers.
2nd Fireplace, Smart TV, AC Unit and dvd/ Bluetooth sound system. All separate from the living area.

In the living area it also has Its own AC unit 50" Vizio smart TV, Fireplace, Second sound system w dvd/ Bluetooth sound system that controls inside and outside speakers
And opposing slides in the living area a with a large view window.
The couches are ultra leather
It comes with an non rotational HD TV antenna standard. I thought was really cool!
Fridge is a 2 way 9.5 cubic ft with wood panels. It looks cozy and it's laid out well. Tons of storage inside and out. Not to mention super insulated. And there's a receiver hitch on the bumper that I can add a hitch storage rack and bike rack to for extended camping. Maybe I'll throw a big cooler on there and some wood. ??
It also comes with an 80 gallon fresh water tank. I'm very happy about that. And wireless back up camera.

I'm a welder/weld inspector. Sometimes I travel from San Diego to Alaska for work.
I'm not a fan of hotel rooms that cost a fortune and don't even have a kitchen.
Anyone else been there before. Lol

I added 2 150 watt solar panels with 2-6V batts for boondocking. I may add the 3rd panel later if needed. It's pre wired standard for solar. I love that they thought of all these thing. I can't find all this stuff together in any other towable without spending $80-90k +. Also I do not want to use a generator unless I absolutely need to.

I met with Talon Jayo from Outdoors RV at the PDX RV show and it really made me feel great about my purchase. The companies focus is about quality not quantity and listening to the customers. He was one of the guys that designed this specific coach. They put there all into the design. It's amazing! Almost like a Redwood inside for half the price. Dishwasher and washer and dryer would be cool for future models. Lol.
http://youtu.be/ZiJekZSsjzY These trailers are solid!

Btw. I gotta plug my sales guy Bill Hartman and his store Apache RV in Happy Valley, OR. Apache RV 503-659-5166.
I've looked at RV's for a year. First place I went were there was no pressure or games. They have seasoned and long time staff. These guys are very honest, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Not to mention I got a very very good deal. Thank you Bill!!

My plan is to visit Florida later in the year. I'm an avid Pelagic fisherman. I love fishing and diving for lobsters and any saltwater fishing. This is going to be the perfect home for me while I tour Florida and take in some much needed sun.

My only concern is my TV is a 2008 Chevy Suburban 5.3L with the air ride suspension. So no long trips till I get my 2017 F-350. That's going to be a while till I can even order. Then it will be fall when it's delivered.

If your looking and you want something you can tow and full time in go with an Outdoors RV They are an excellent company. CHECK THEM OUT.
This is not a paid endorsement at all. I'm very happy with the quality of the brand and very excited to have everything I want without having to do a bunch of modifications.

One last thing I totally forgot! It comes with a remote for setup. The stabilizer jacks, the slides, and the outdoor lights can all be operated with a remote. They call it rapid camp. I call it a stress reliever.

Anyone else take a travel trailer through Florida? I'm glad I added the second AC unit just in case.
19 REPLIES 19

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Dry weight on that trailer is 8500 pounds. Ready to roll probably more like 10,000. I think you're really going to be over weight on that truck. Just the tongue weight is going to eat up almost all of your payload.

Weight distribution hitch and air suspension do nothing to impact tow capacity or payload.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I thought Blackstone Chianti was a bottle of wine. ๐Ÿ™‚
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Uramillionaire
Explorer
Explorer
Heres the Specs on the Suburban.

I know Max towing is 8100 lbs from the owners manual.
I have the 5.3L as I mentioned before.
This is the LTZ so it does have the auto leveling.
With a weight distribution hitch does that help the towing capacity at all?

I dont want to buy a 2016 Chevy or Ford. Nothing wrong with either one but I have a lot of stuff I haul for welding. A diesel generator welder can weigh from 1000-2000 LBS sitting in the bed of the truck.

I want the extra features the 2017 Ford has for the long haul. I may buy a used truck to get me through the summer. But I love my Suburban It is really nice. https://youtu.be/9jUzbuYNYPs Here's a video of it I made a few months back.

Engine Specifications
Engine Horsepower Torque
VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI FLEXFUEL WITH ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT 310 @ 5200 RPM 335 @ 4400 RPM
VORTEC 6.0L VARIABLE VALVE TIMING V8 SFI 366 @ 5500 RPM 380 @ 4300 RPM
Max Towing Capacity 7,900 lbs
Drivetrain
Drivetrain 4-Wheel Drive
Transmission
4-Speed Automatic, Electronically Controlled
4-Speed Automatic, Super-Duty, Electronically Controlled
MPG (Miles Per Gallon)
Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx 31 gal
Engine Transmission EPA Fuel Economy Est (MPG)
VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI FLEXFUEL WITH ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT 4-Speed Automatic, Electronically Controlled City: 12 / Hwy: 17
VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI FLEXFUEL WITH ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT 4-Speed Automatic, Super-Duty, Electronically Controlled City: 12 / Hwy: 17
VORTEC 6.0L VARIABLE VALVE TIMING V8 SFI 4-Speed Automatic, Super-Duty, Electronically Controlled City: 12 / Hwy: 17
Weight Information
Curb Weight 5,595 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 7,400 lbs
Max Payload 1,805 lbs

Height, Overall (in) 76.8
Overhang, Front (in) - TBD -
Overhang, Rear w/bumper (in) - TBD -
Ground to Top of Load Floor (in) 32.6
Ground Clearance, Front (in) 10.5
Ground Clearance, Rear (in) 9.1
Wheels
Front Wheel Material Aluminum
Rear Wheel Material Aluminum
Tires
Front Tire Size P275/55R20
Rear Tire Size P275/55R20
Spare Tire Size P265/70R17

Leaf-Peeper
Explorer
Explorer
proxim2020 wrote:
... At just the published dry weight of 8,500 chances are you're way past your limits already. You might need to switch trucks earlier than you think.

Uramillionaire, would you post the payload and towing specs from the towing guides for that '08 5.3L Burb right here please.
'05 Chevy Tahoe & โ€™08 Rockwood Roo 23ss
'62 Myself
'62 Camper Honey
'96 Camper Twin Girls

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I like it. That's one beautiful and unique floorplan. The TV is definitely a big concern. At just the published dry weight of 8,500 chances are you're way past your limits already. You might need to switch trucks earlier than you think.