Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 1055

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I just came across a 2007 Lance 1055 that I'm going to go look at tonight. Dealer just took it in on trade last night, and said it is in excellent shape. A few questions:

- Will this year fit on a 2016 Chevy truck, or do we have to raise it?

- Will this plug into my 7 way plug in the bed for the fifth wheel...I read somewhere about a "lance specific" plu

- Being 10 years old, how much do you think its worth?? They asking 12K

- Anyone have any real world weight numbers? Dealer says the back sticker say 2808, and the weight sticker inside with options say 3200

This is actually real close or a touch lighter than some of the new campers I have been looking at. I figured if I bought it, that I could see how much we would use a TC...how the truck handles the weight...and if it doesn't work out, I'm only out 10K (well, I would sell to get most money back) versus 30K plus if I bought new.

Thanks again.
26 REPLIES 26

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Well, dealer finally weighed it. 3680...dry...just a little off from the 3210 on the inside sticker. I turned it down, not heartbroken as I really didn't want the 11 ft length hanging off the back since I tow. Would rather have a 9.5/shorter camper.

Since I'm coming to the reality of 19.5s, would rather have a smaller slide...like EC 850. AF 811. 910FBS, Maybe Lance 995. Easier for the dogs to have some floorspace. Not in a big hurry anyway unless something falls in my lap like this one almost did.

Thanks for all the advice.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
I think a nice clean used camper is the best way to go for a first camper. I would just put in a new mattress.

Even if the dealer takes it to a scale to get a real weight you should still at least set it in your truck to see how everything looks.

JimPH
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a 2007 like mine .the main structure is aluminum framed, There is some wood framing but not in the main structure. If you get the date built and serial number you can e-mail Lance and they will tell you for sure. They got back to me within a day.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
it should be an aluminum frame. go to the lance website then to support and pull up that model years broshure for the specs.

the drawer and the roof are the same as on my 08
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Single pane windows...but it did have snap covers for the vents and skylight in bathroom. They say this is a 2006 model, but I thought someone mentioned that the basement storage came out in 2007. This has the sliding tray inside the door. Is this a wood or aluminum frame? The roof looked TPO and not rubber.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Black tank: thats not the tank iteself that you see, its the box surrounding the dump valves. The tank is above that. I lined the box with some R9 fiber glass. If the windows are dual pane its the 4 season version if not you just do what I do and carry some foam panels to cover the glass and skylight openings at night.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Went and looked at it last night. Its in darn good shape. Looked at the roof, inside all the cabinets, ceiling, walls...nothing out of the ordinary. Only real place you could tell it was used, is they removed the TV/bracket from the cabover, so there are holes in the wall. Generator had 240hrs on it.

I told him I wanted it officially weighed which he is going to do...and I'm sure it will be too heavy, but what the heck, see what its real weight is...and since I tow, not really sure I want that much over hang.

O....are these things "4-seasons" rated? I noticed the black tank in the overhang is exposed....

JimPH
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2007 1055. It has an on board generator, solar panel, two awnings, ac.
We Love it. I carry it on a 2012 GMC SRW. We have Toyo Open Country tires rated at 4080 Lbs. We have had it on extended trips without issue. When I weighed it wet it is pushing 4000 Lbs. When it is time to replace this truck we will probably go dually

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I trust Buzzcut1's numbers a lot more than my online research. All I knew is I quit looking because they were going to be too heavy for my SRW truck which also has about 4300# available.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks..ya, I have a 2016 3500HD SRW.....was hoping the stickers were somewhat close. I have about 4300 LB to play with on the tires. We would not carry hardly any water and fillup at the CG. Maybe they will let me load it up and take it to the scales since this is a dealer....camping world.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have the 08 1055 and dak on the mountain has the 07

Mine doesn't have the on board generator. It is pre wired from the factory for solar. It is heavy if you hve a dually no issues if you have and SRW you will need 19.5 wheels and tires plus some suspension upgrades. It will weigh between 4500 and 5000 loaded with water, two propane bottles two batteries, and all your gear. the door sticker is not even close. As for the TC, inspect the roof edges for tree rubs, walk up there to feel for soft spots.

look inside all cabinets and external compartments for discoloration of the wood ( leaks) use a flash light.

I love mine and have taken it on trips year round from zero degrees to 118*. the AC is a polar cub 9200 nd will run nicely on a single honda 2000

Yes it has a Lance specific plug. it allows for using an 8ga charging wire from the alternator to the TC get the lance plug $35.00 installed at the front of the bed with the proper gauge wire don't use the trailer plug,

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
From research looking at units I've considered before ruling them out as too heavy for my truck, real world weight ready to camp is about 4,000# depending on options and how much you cram into the cabinets.

A 10' Lance in good condition that is 10 years old should be about 10+k depending on where in the country you live.

Even my 12 year old strip down small 815 is worth 5-6k.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)