Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 1055

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I just came across a 2007 Lance 1055 that I'm going to go look at tonight. Dealer just took it in on trade last night, and said it is in excellent shape. A few questions:

- Will this year fit on a 2016 Chevy truck, or do we have to raise it?

- Will this plug into my 7 way plug in the bed for the fifth wheel...I read somewhere about a "lance specific" plu

- Being 10 years old, how much do you think its worth?? They asking 12K

- Anyone have any real world weight numbers? Dealer says the back sticker say 2808, and the weight sticker inside with options say 3200

This is actually real close or a touch lighter than some of the new campers I have been looking at. I figured if I bought it, that I could see how much we would use a TC...how the truck handles the weight...and if it doesn't work out, I'm only out 10K (well, I would sell to get most money back) versus 30K plus if I bought new.

Thanks again.
26 REPLIES 26

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vinsil; I guess I am implying that a dually would be designed to accommodate DRW...but apparently you know otherwise.
I will let Jefe/Dave/Cal and all the beach Guys know that we are not "really" off-roading and we can stop airing down our tires. Will save a lot of time.

Buzz...glad to hear the dually is working out...nice truck!

Thx, Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
billtex wrote:
The weight increase is NOT an opinion. Most Folks report a 50#-60# per wheel increase when going to 19.5's. You must be running helium.

19.5's are not an option for off-road/beach driving either. But that may not matter to the OP.

The OP mentioned payload rating was his concern, have not seen his RAWR and tire/wheel ratings yet. Those would be more relevant than payload for carrying a TC.

Safe travels, Bill

no helium, but I don't and have not run stock size tires on any of my trucks. Then again, I guess an extra two wheels and tires plus dually hubs are weightless.....no increase of unsprung weight in a dually!

The OP has posted his weights and what he is wanting to carry. He needs either a dually or 19.5's for a wider safety margin. I'm not trying to pick a battle with you but the info your posting is not entirely correct.

I've had my truck offroad with my 19.5's, it did fine. No sand and I know better but have you owned a set of 19.5's or are you parroting things you read?

Honestly, a dually sucks offroad as well. Narrow, short tires don't do so hot offroad either.

But the type of offroading I do and all I've seen on this forum people do with a TC...is not hardcore or much more than fireroads at best. Most all will do fine..with either stock tires, 19.5's or a dually.

I have a offroad toy for the fun stuff.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bill the Dually is doing fine as is the SRW I have both trucks which gives us tremendous flexibilty for horse shows and EMT gigs. When I blew my 285/75R16 on XMs day on I5 all the normal tie shops were closed however the commercial trcuk sevice guys were open and I could have even had their roadside guys drive out and change a new 19.5 if I was running them at the time. My 03 F350 SRW fits my spare tire 245/70R19.5 on vision rims fully inflated with a superhitch in place
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
The weight increase is NOT an opinion. Most Folks report a 50#-60# per wheel increase when going to 19.5's. You must be running helium.

19.5's are not an option for off-road/beach driving either. But that may not matter to the OP.

The OP mentioned payload rating was his concern, have not seen his RAWR and tire/wheel ratings yet. Those would be more relevant than payload for carrying a TC.

Safe travels, Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
billtex wrote:
Going to 19.5's on a pickup truck adds a LOT of unsprung weight...this places stress on other suspension components...just moving the weak point elsewhere.
These 19.5" wheels were not designed for pick up trucks, these are commercial duty wheels/tires that some of us choose to adapt to pickup trucks.
Going to 19.5's also raises the concern of where to keep a spare (I know some have solved this puzzle).
Also where to get a replacement if your out on the road and have a catastrophic failure?These tires not so readily available.
Failures (wheels and tires!) can and do happen to OE and 19.5's...neither is fail safe.
Choose wisely and stay within weight limits whatever route you go.
If Ireally felt I needed to spend thousands of $ on 19.5's, I would rather invest that $ in a dually.
Our OE steelies and 285 tires have served us well for many thousands of miles.

BTW; buzz how's the new dually treating you?

A lot of unsprung weight is subjective and making assumptions across the board. Mine are 25 pounds more per tire than my previous setup. Sure I understand this more and not ideal, however the safety margin is worth the extra wear and tear IMHO. However....a dually truck in my trucks generation uses the same rear axle. How much does the dually hub and second set of wheels and tires add to that unsprung setup? More than my 19.5's!

What weak point are you talking about? Putting tires and wheels on to carry a load the truck is more than able isn't going to magically break the frame, axle or suspension.

I do laugh though when it is said people would "just" buy a dually. Not all of us want one, not everyone is willing to lose or spend 10k or much more buying a dually either.

Your assertation about not being able find a spare on the road....what do commercial trucks do? I'm pretty sure if push came to shove...a tire shop or mobile service can replace a tire if needed. That is about as goofy as saying you wouldn't buy a diesel since you can't find a shop to work on it or fuel.

Sorry, I don't buy your opinion.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Going to 19.5's on a pickup truck adds a LOT of unsprung weight...this places stress on other suspension components...just moving the weak point elsewhere.
These 19.5" wheels were not designed for pick up trucks, these are commercial duty wheels/tires that some of us choose to adapt to pickup trucks.
Going to 19.5's also raises the concern of where to keep a spare (I know some have solved this puzzle).
Also where to get a replacement if your out on the road and have a catastrophic failure?These tires not so readily available.
Failures (wheels and tires!) can and do happen to OE and 19.5's...neither is fail safe.
Choose wisely and stay within weight limits whatever route you go.
If Ireally felt I needed to spend thousands of $ on 19.5's, I would rather invest that $ in a dually.
Our OE steelies and 285 tires have served us well for many thousands of miles.

BTW; buzz how's the new dually treating you?
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
billtex wrote:
COBOZ wrote:
Well, dealer finally weighed it. 3680...dry...just a little off from the 3210 on the inside sticker. I turned it down, not heartbroken as I really didn't want the 11 ft length hanging off the back since I tow. Would rather have a 9.5/shorter camper.

Since I'm coming to the reality of 19.5s, would rather have a smaller slide...like EC 850. AF 811. 910FBS, Maybe Lance 995. Easier for the dogs to have some floorspace. Not in a big hurry anyway unless something falls in my lap like this one almost did.

Thanks for all the advice.

All good choices...but just as heavy.
FWIW I run an EC850 on SRW w/out 19.5's...and many others run these same campers w/out 19.5's.
19.5's bring their own set of issues for a pickup that I was not comfortable with.
Seems like a lot of Folks who spend all that $ ($3k-$5k) on 19.5's end up with a dually soon after anyway.
I run 285's on steelies...no worries...lot's of miles with his rig.
Anyway, the added floor space of a slide is great. Check them all out and take a lot of notes/pics.
TC's Rock!
Good luck, Bill

What are the issues you mention?

FYI, I paid $1200 for my Vision wheels and the XDE 285's with less than 5k on them. Sold my old wheels and tires for $900...so mine where cheap...

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
my 19.5 wheels and tires cost way less that the damage one blown tire did to my truck. And if I did not have the skill set from many EVOC classes and years of driving Fire Engines and Ambulances we would have rolled, destroyed the rig and gotten badly hurt. The 19.5s are a good safety investment vs rolling the dice running tires near max capacity at max inflation... Just my opinion take it for what its worth
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
It only cost me $1100 to upgrade to 19.5's.
Sold my 6 yr old tires for $200. Sold my old rims for $300.
Bought used vision rims for $500 and new cooper H rm253's for $1100
So total out of pocket was $1100.
Old tire rating was 6800 lbs on rear.
New tire rating is about 10000 lbs, rims rated at 9k total on rear.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
COBOZ wrote:
billtex,
How much does your EC850 weigh? Is it fairly close to the sticker in the cabinet? I read that EC weighs each and every camper off the line. I just did a build your own on line, and it came out with 3425..only extra options were AC and rear awning. Just did a build your own on the lance 995 and it came out to 3510...but I obviously know how the lances weights are...not even close....unless they are better nowadays.

Locked and loaded I would add 1000#.
In my experience, the EC, Adv, and Lance were very close in weight. The AF811 about 400# heavier than comparable others.
AMLRV posts 2 stickers; one outside with base weight/capacities, one inside the cabinet with actual weight as it left the factory.
Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella

COBOZ
Explorer
Explorer
billtex,
How much does your EC850 weigh? Is it fairly close to the sticker in the cabinet? I read that EC weighs each and every camper off the line. I just did a build your own on line, and it came out with 3425..only extra options were AC and rear awning. Just did a build your own on the lance 995 and it came out to 3510...but I obviously know how the lances weights are...not even close....unless they are better nowadays.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
COBOZ wrote:
Well, dealer finally weighed it. 3680...dry...just a little off from the 3210 on the inside sticker. I turned it down, not heartbroken as I really didn't want the 11 ft length hanging off the back since I tow. Would rather have a 9.5/shorter camper.

Since I'm coming to the reality of 19.5s, would rather have a smaller slide...like EC 850. AF 811. 910FBS, Maybe Lance 995. Easier for the dogs to have some floorspace. Not in a big hurry anyway unless something falls in my lap like this one almost did.

Thanks for all the advice.

All good choices...but just as heavy.
FWIW I run an EC850 on SRW w/out 19.5's...and many others run these same campers w/out 19.5's.
19.5's bring their own set of issues for a pickup that I was not comfortable with.
Seems like a lot of Folks who spend all that $ ($3k-$5k) on 19.5's end up with a dually soon after anyway.
I run 285's on steelies...no worries...lot's of miles with his rig.
Anyway, the added floor space of a slide is great. Check them all out and take a lot of notes/pics.
TC's Rock!
Good luck, Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
You know if I knew I'd have ended up with 19.5's I might have opted for a small slide as well, at least my wife has said this.

Good choice in looking for what you want.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yep it would have been around 4500+ geared up

Now you know how the MFG plays the sticker game and that gives you and educated guess on how much load you will actually put on your truck and tires when it comes to plunking down your CASH.