cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 1062 - Access to wires/pipes under the kitchen sink

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a couple of issues I need to deal with under the kitchen sink. I can see the wires and pipes but my arms are not long enough to reach them and my shoulders are much wider than the cabinet door. I can't figure out any good way to reach the wires and pipes. Any ideas? I can't believe I'm the first to have these issues. Any help is appreciated.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
13 REPLIES 13

Bedlam
I agree with the above. I had to remove the entire propane regulator to access one of tank feed hoses I was replacing.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well I think that most RV mfg's have no thought process of serviceability when they design and build RV's...
The Sink faucet in our 2000 Bigfoot started leaking so I decided to remove and replace it. It was not the shutoff valves...

The job was about as tough as one would want. I would not wish it on anyone. Had to remove the sink to accomplish the job.

Here is a few pix just to show how in accessible the plumbing hook ups are to get at!

Jim.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bt2UFnFAkJg5kjvAA
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
It sure is a beauty! It would be hard for me to start a project in something that nice. Let us know how it turns out.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all for the suggestions. I have been thinking about this since we bought it in 2018. I knew I would have to get in there sooner or later and I couldn't get but one arm through that cabinet door.

I had thought about dropping the sink down, but I couldn't reach the rear screws. The suggestion to reach through the little trash hole behind the sink may work; I had not thought of that.

My last resort will be cutting out a 22" x 22" hole in the front of the cabinet. Then make a new removable cabinet face out of oak veneer 3/4" plywood and attach the cabinet door to that. I REALLY don't want to do that.

thanks again for the suggestions.

bradw
Wake Up America

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
jimh406 wrote:
After looking at the picture, I have a few more ideas. Can you access from the front compartment?

Can you reach if you pull the drawers out?

If there is a compartment on the outside of the slide, can you take a panel out or cut an access hole.

JM all the waterlines are to the right of the faucet, the water pump is fixed to the front wall of the camper and flex lines go to the sink and water heater . the water heater is directly behind the faucet and has an outside hatch, that's really it
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
After looking at the picture, I have a few more ideas. Can you access from the front compartment?

Can you reach if you pull the drawers out?

If there is a compartment on the outside of the slide, can you take a panel out or cut an access hole.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I just went out and looked at my 2019 1062. the sink is screwed into the bottom of the counter top. You can access the back screws from the countertop trash can opening. The only other option I see is with the camper off the truck and the slide out you might be able to remove the underside panel (not the slide floor bottom) by removing the metal angle plate and getting to the plumbing that way.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I’m not familiar with Lance but is it possible to remove the counter top with the sink still intact??

3 tons

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
From what I see here "if this works from my tablet" ill bet that sinks lowers rite out of the way. Of course I don't know better than you but good luck.
https://d2pnvl0j0g3wco.cloudfront.net/images/truck-campers/lance-truck-camper-1062-kit-2023.jpg

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
A couple of other thoughts, can you take the sink or water heater out? Some aren't that hard to take out. If the sink is builtin, maybe you take take the counter top off.

Other than that, I guess find a small or thin person to help out.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
No and no. I wish there were.
Wake Up America

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Any doors/drawers that you can remove for better access?
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
This might be obvious, but Is there any possibility of accessing from the outside or below?