cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1121 Docking Lights

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Lance 1121 that has a short in the rear docking lights wiring. The short is somewhere between the fuse panel and the lights.

Does anyone know where the wiring is run from the fuse panel under the sink to the lights?

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)
5 REPLIES 5

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Glad you found the problem and it was an easy fix
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you guys got it right. I pulled the lights and when I opened the light unit on the port side, it was obvious. The plastic plug guard on the hot wire had got pinched between the ground wire screw and the casing. The heat of the light melted the plastic guard and the wire shorted out.

Once pulled loose, it worked fine. A little tape and making sure it did not get pinched again and they are back on and working.

Thanks
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if it is one or both. The heavy fuse blows, so it is somewhere between the relay and the lights.

That lets out the wall toggle as it is before the fuse.

I will try to see if I can pin it to one receptacle.
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are both lights having a problem or just one? If just one the issue is between the two. I had that issue and it was a loose wire on one of the lights.

If Both, check the wires at the wall toggle for voltage in vs voltage out.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Before you go anywhere else, look at the light fixture itself. Isolate the wiring completely from the fixture, and then check the wiring to see if another fixture will work properly. Be sure you have isolated both sides from the wiring to be sure.

If you find that the wires themselves will not work a totally different bulb and fixture, then, and only then, probe your wiring inside the unit.

By far, the most likely spot is in a light fixture itself.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel