cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stains on the roof

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I was cleaning my roof last weekend and I noticed some grey/greenish stains coming the roof top A/C units. They ran from the A/C unit to the edge of the roof. I scrubbed them with the a soft bristle brush and detergent, but had no luck. The A/C units both work perfectly, so I'm not sure what was leaking from the units. Anyone run into this before?
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.
6 REPLIES 6

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Do Not Scrub those stains with any chemical unless you know for sure that chemical will not damage the roof material. You tried detergent, that's fine, leave em alone now.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Have a beer and forget about it.:B

Think I'll take you up on the suggestion......CHEERS!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to break it to ya..
The TT is ruined. Your best bet is to get out from under it before it gets really bad.

Because I know a lot of suckers I could pawn it off on, I am willing to make my standard offer on your heap of junk... Just because you are a member here.:B

Seriously, a dirty roof hurts nothing. I never wash my roof on my house or my TT, except when it rains.

Trying different cleaners on it will just increase the odds of doing damage to it. Have a beer and forget about it.:B
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the answers. I was afraid I had a problem with the A/C units.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Spray TileX on the stains, then scrub with soap/water. We also clean our AC coils yearly with commercial AC coil cleaner. Spray on and let it sit for a minute, then scrub with an old toothbrush and wipe clean with a rag. At the same time the fan should be oiled.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
pawpaw47 wrote:
I was cleaning my roof last weekend and I noticed some grey/greenish stains coming the roof top A/C units. They ran from the A/C unit to the edge of the roof. I scrubbed them with the a soft bristle brush and detergent, but had no luck. The A/C units both work perfectly, so I'm not sure what was leaking from the units. Anyone run into this before?

Water runs off the coil, out the drain holes on the unit then across the roof and onto the ground. Just like a car leaves a puddle on the ground.