cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Layton Skyline #237

srg12
Explorer
Explorer
hello,kind of new to form.I had a question,how good are layton skyline tt's i have searched and found know one talking about this trailer. Bought it used it is 2012 model #237 dry weight 4200 max weight is 6200. my tv is a 2012 f150 crew cab 5.0 .any information would be great thanks
5 REPLIES 5

srg12
Explorer
Explorer
I am still wayne_tw wrote:
srg12 wrote:
how good are layton skyline tt'sBought it used it is 2012 model #237 dry weight 4200 max weight is 6200.

Seems to me that asking the question about how good a particular trailer is should be done before you bought it not after!

yes , I should have,love the trailer. I have taken it out 5 times with no problems, i asked because i seavch this site and no one talks about this brand.By the way i am sure you had to start somewhere when you first started,meaning you did not know it all

srg12
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replys,my wife and i like it it is our first tt

DoctorWho
Explorer
Explorer
Our first TT was a lightly used Skyline Nomad LT 250 that required only tires and routine maintenance over many miles, smiles and years of enjoyment. Unfortunately after a recent severe beating by a hail storm, the insurance company has deemed her a total loss. It's not as sad a thing as it could've been though as our family had outgrown the floor plan, but it's still a hassle and a jolt to go through something like this. We are now waiting on a replacement and I sincerely hope our new TT gives us the same ease of ownership the Nomad did. Best of luck with yours!

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Our first 5th wheel trailer was a new '84 Aljo by Skyline. Skyline has been around the travel trailer business for over 50 years. Lots of old Laytons/Nomads around here still in use.

IMO their a good entry level unit.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
srg12 wrote:
how good are layton skyline tt'sBought it used it is 2012 model #237 dry weight 4200 max weight is 6200.

Seems to me that asking the question about how good a particular trailer is should be done before you bought it not after!