Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lets see how Ford faired in the CR report

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Not so good Click Here

Five of the ten "least reliable cars" are Fords one with a EB in the Taurus! Ouch that's going to leave a mark!

OK Blue bloods spin away! :W

BTW as far as I'm concerned CR is a joke but do find it interesting that if it's a Mopar on their hit list you guys eat it up. So now that it's Ford with five of the top ten worst lets see how you boys react. :B

Troy your up sir, and lets not forget my ole friend Mike Up :W

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
61 REPLIES 61

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:

Nice gas cap there Derick but it looks like a fun project.

Socks are so handy.....
2016 F350 Platinum Dually, CC
2014 Cyclone 3800 toyhauler
B&W Companion 20K

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Infiniti....auto correct got to love smart phones! It only took me three tries to get it right this time. And yep you can get a lemon in any brand vehicle even the Imports!!!

Don

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Wait just a minute Don, it's spelled Infiniti with no Y :B and the DW has a 2004 FX45 with well over 100k with nothing other than normal service. Don't know what they were thinking about for a plug change though, at 100k :M
Nice gas cap there Derick but it looks like a fun project.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
RRBob wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Greentreena wrote:
I'm surprised the Dodge Grand Caravan isn't on that list.

Best minivan on the market! I tell anyone that wants a minivan to just buy the best Caravan or T&C! nothing else even compares!

I've been a Ford guy all my life and love my F350, but

My girlfriends 2012 Town & Country is great!

I do agree! I used to work at a CPDJ dealer and thought Chrysler had some bad minivans sometimes. now I work at a shop and I work on all types of cars/minivans. after 5 years of working on different brands Chrysler has the best minivans on the market. I personally had a 97 Voyager and currently an 07 T&C. the 97 went 190k miles before I traded it. I O/H the trans when I bought it at 100k and it ended up burning a valve around 130k. other than that it was dead reliable and I would`ve taken it anywhere even up to when I traded it. the current 07 has 72k and hasn`t needed anything more than brakes and tires and a trans fluid change.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
LOL
Two fords ( or any make for that matter) in one driveway equals brand loyalist. Keep drinking the what ever kool-aid color you drink.

Oh no we have four Chrysler products in our driveway! :B :W

Don

Don it seems the fellas on this forum have turned into only nasty comments about what others buy so I feel I can ask you without hurting your feelings this(do all 4 run) Please forgive me
chevman
I bet he has a tow truck on retainer. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Larry, yep they all run and run very well thank you. 2013 200 limited mamma's, 2004 Ram 2500 mine, 2001 300M DS, 1998 Avenger ES with only 38,000 miles YDD and then we have a 2001 Volvo S-80 ODD. Y= youngest o= older. BTW you didn't hurt my feeling and that's not a typo :W

Bird freak I have Ray's towing on speed dial for all my friends with Ford's or imports! My next door neighbor bought an Infinity that spent more time on the back of a wrecker then it did on the road. He now owns a Jeep and a Dodge and loves both of them!

Don

We have spent more on the S-80 then we have on the other kids cars combined!

Georgew48
Explorer
Explorer
In the words of Hillary, "what difference does it make". Drive what you like.
2015 Georgetown XL 377 TS 38 foot motorhome.
1929 Model A Ford Sport Coupe
2009 Honda TRX 420FA Red (Hers)
2009 Honda TRX 420FA White (Mine)
1999 Chaparral 2130 SS limited edition ski boat

LimogesMan
Explorer
Explorer
jwduke wrote:
LimogesMan wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
You must be bored. Trolling the Ford guys again.

X2

Quality wise, I find Ford is a notch over both Dodge and GM IMO.

Not bashing Fords here but... Dodge & GM has used the same diesel (Well Dodge upped the CID) the last 15 years. How many DIFFERENT, COMPLETELY redesigned diesel engines have they (Ford) had?

I like Ford's body style, but that's where it ends!

AS for Consumer Reports it seems as if lately they have said some items are good, but if you reed the consumer feedback, it is a piece of junk. CU isn't the same as it was 30 years ago...

I understand your point but keep in mind all three manufacturers gambled on a third party company to supply their diesel motor. Cummins, Isuzu and Navistar. GM went the extra mile with the legendary Allison tranny.
2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4X4 FX4 Lariat, 5.4L Triton V8, Precision 4.10LS
2004 Keystone Springdale 249BH 26' Fifth wheel (5800# empty)
Husky 16K dual pivot glider. TomTom One 3rd edition.
18 mpg empty, 11 mpg towing.

RRBob
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Greentreena wrote:
I'm surprised the Dodge Grand Caravan isn't on that list.

Best minivan on the market! I tell anyone that wants a minivan to just buy the best Caravan or T&C! nothing else even compares!

I've been a Ford guy all my life and love my F350, but

My girlfriends 2012 Town & Country is great!

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
catfishmontana wrote:
I have four Dodges as well.....but two of mine do not run.

My 1974 Dart awaiting a 440 transplant.

My 1965 Polara almost done with paint.

Don't let CR find out...they will rate Dodge very low for reliabilty.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I was being silly.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
I have four Dodges as well.....but two of mine do not run.

My 1974 Dart awaiting a 440 transplant.

My 1965 Polara almost done with paint.
2016 F350 Platinum Dually, CC
2014 Cyclone 3800 toyhauler
B&W Companion 20K

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
LOL
Two fords ( or any make for that matter) in one driveway equals brand loyalist. Keep drinking the what ever kool-aid color you drink.

Don

Don it seems the fellas on this forum have turned into only nasty comments about what others buy so I feel I can ask you without hurting your feelings this(do all 4 run) Please forgive me
chevman

Now that was funny Larry.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry barnhart wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
LOL

Don

chevman
I bet he has a tow truck on retainer. Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

bmanning
Explorer
Explorer
jspence1 wrote:
bmanning wrote:
LOL

I was just posting yesterday that everyone discredits CR until a) they show their brand love, or b) CR bashes the brand they hate.

Can't say I'm shocked though; my ex-wife's Fusion company car (2010 MY IIRC) is on it's 3rd transmission (we've been divorced a while, it may be on transmission #4 by now for all I know).

I can easily see them burning through transmissions if you ignore the way they shifted from the factory. I had my wife's 2010 back 4 times in the first week I had it to have the shifting changed, my wife's aunt had the same issue on her 2010 when she got it. The Fusion has 86K on it now with no problems.

I do know that ford has had some serious issues with sync, that being said we've had no problems with ours, this may be a case of technology being ahead of the people trying to use it.

Three of the ford are the first production year and we all know that's the worst one.

You make an interesting point; the thing shifted oddly from Day 1 but since it was (is) a company car, ex-wife didn't have the dealer address it. Had it been owned by us, I'd have insisted she get it checked out. Always thought it was a really nice car other than the transmission issues (for the record it was the standard 4-cylinder, not an EB).
BManning
baking in Phoenix :C
-2007 Volvo XC90 AWD V8
4.4L 311/325 V8 6sp Aisin loaded
6100lb GVW 5000lb tow
-1999 Land Cruiser
4.7L 230/320 V8 4sp A343 loaded
6860 GVW 6500lb tow
RV'less at the moment