cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Hitches

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, is their a particular brand that is better than others? We bought a Heritage Glen today that weighs 8900lbs, its a TT, my truck is rated for 12995lbs, just want the best one for keeping it under control and pulling.
21 REPLIES 21

CopilotCompanio
Explorer
Explorer
Duly noted. Thanks, KM.
DH: Designated Curmudgeon
Lupรฉ the Rescue Dog: Self-appointed Tattletale
DW: Copilot & Companion
No offense intended. Sarcasm is my strong suit.

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is worth switching. Blue Ox is a great hitch and very quiet compared to others.

CopilotCompanio
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, BW. I'm climbing a steep learning curve relative to the technical aspects of RVing. Sounds like DTR thinks it is worth switching it out? I'll have to take that into consderation when the time comes. When I grow up, I'd lke to have an Arctic Fox 25 R.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
The Blue Ox system mentioned is a complete solution, not something you can add to a pre-existing hitch.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

CopilotCompanio
Explorer
Explorer
Stupid question number 849? Can I attach the Blue Ox Sway deterrent to my standard Draw-Tite WDH? DTR, I'm looking at an AF 25R (very similar to yours) and my tow vehicle is a Ford E350 Club Wagon Super Duty with a 3.55 axle ratio. :h

downtheroad wrote:
Had an Equal-i-zer...did the job but too noisy for my wife..she hated it.
Had a Reece Dual Cam HP for 10 years..excellent but hard to set up and dial in..

Decided to try something different on our new trailer so did a ton of research and went with a Blue Ox Sway Pro..I'm sold. Blue Ox has a winner with this one. Easy to install, whisper quiet, outstanding sway control, heavy duty top quality.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Had an Equal-i-zer...did the job but too noisy for my wife..she hated it.
Had a Reece Dual Cam HP for 10 years..excellent but hard to set up and dial in..

Decided to try something different on our new trailer so did a ton of research and went with a Blue Ox Sway Pro..I'm sold. Blue Ox has a winner with this one. Easy to install, whisper quiet, outstanding sway control, heavy duty top quality.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Blue Ox but Equalizer and Reese dual cam are also very good.