cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveler

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Was going to get some levels for the new trailer, does it matter big, little or what? Any pros or cons to one or another? Thanks Michael
10 REPLIES 10

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
I have used my iPhone with the built in level. It works really well and is easier than trying to find where I put the levelers from the last trip.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has the stick on levels, but they move so easily that they might show level however they aren't level to the trailer... so what's the point.

I eyeball really close, then open the door 90 degrees and see how quickly it tries to fully open or fully close.. that seems to work well for me. A little rubber bouncy wall works well too, just put it on the floor and watch where it goes!

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with two stick on levels on the front sides. I added two on the rear frame and one on the top center of the back bumper plus one on the tongue. When I back in I can tell if I am low on one side or the other...plus I get my fore and aft before I disconnect. I have a small 6 inch level that I use inside if needed. I have not had any problems with them. I have one on my IPhone but it is too critical at times.
Mark

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I am the odd man out. I use the stick on levelers. Leveling is not as crucial as it once was due to improved fridges.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
I spent about a half hour leveling the reefer and the stove. Amazingly they were pretty close to each other. (The tub, however, isn't even close). Then I attached levels to the outside. So far, so good.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

heckufaguy
Explorer
Explorer
After a bit you'll be able to eyeball it close enough. I've found that the game of 1/2 inches is a wasted game. Side to side is all that matters when parking, and I can spot that even tho I do have stick on levels too.

As far as leveling, there's just nothing better than 2x10's and I use 4x4's under the stabs when needed. (Sometimes a sloped site will keep them from reaching ).

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not a fan of "stick ons" either. I spend an extra 2 minutes and use a level that I place on the floor in front of the frig...which is mid trailer in our unit.
We are never in a BIG hurry to do anything when camping.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have anything on the trailer, I just use a 2 foot Stanley level.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Are you talking the level itself, or the device (blocking) used for leveling?

I never seem to trust those stick-on levels. I prefer to put a 2' level on the bumper---I checked, when the bumper is level, so is the trailer. I then move it to the tongue for front to back leveling.

I can place THESE on the low side of the rear bumber until my bubble becomes level...thereby stopping the guess work of how many I need under the tire.

However, the other day I ran across THIS (I am always the last to learn of things)and have added to my wish list for this year.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using one like this. I mounted it dead center on the front of the TT, but many people will mount it on the drivers side of the TT, in order to see it in the rear view mirror.

I also use one smaller one on the side / front of the TT. LIKE THIS

RV LEVEL
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74