cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leveling travel trailer

Firesiders
Explorer
Explorer
My son has a 30' Puma travel trailer with 2 slides. He say that when he levels the unit, then puts the slides out the trailer will lean to that side. I have not had a TT with slides so I was wondering if there is a procedure for leveling a unit with slides.

Any help would be appreciated
10 REPLIES 10

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We leave ours a little high as well and then it is level when the slides go out. Do not put supports under the slides, this is not good for them.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

niksagkram
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this video about this subject on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uij_QTGSNE

Putting slide out first then leveling makes sense to me.
2003 Chev Silverado 1500 5.3
2003 Kustom Koach KT251
:B

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
They make screw jacks you can put under them when extended. We use a set and our TT sits solid in Oklahoma 4 MPH winds.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/slide-out-stabilizers-26-to-47-h-set-of-2/29358

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
I leave the slide side a little high when parking/leveling then when the slide goes out the whole unit is level.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
You can't fight gravity, Especially If not parked on a solid surface such as concrete.
After awhile one gets pretty good at sizing up the camp spot and getting right amount of extra tilt on the slide side.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Robbies_grandpa
Explorer
Explorer
I make the slide side a quarter bubble high, lower the stabilizers then open the slides. That makes my trailer level. Even with the stabilizers down first, it leans just a little.

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Level and stabilize the trailer before extending the slides.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
We notice the same thing years ago. we always add a 2 inch block of wood on slide out side.
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just like leveling any other rv. Level side to side, block the tires, unhitch, level front to back. Lower stabilizers,connect water, sewer, power and open the slides