Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long day

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Have to share this.
Very excited to go get the trailer today. I'm excited...kids are excited...
Load up my battery get the keys and head out to first return a chainsaw I rented to fell a tree in my trailers spot...
Drop the tailget..get the chainsaw and return it.

Head out for my 35 min drive to my storage. Get there and discover that someone stole my battery from my truck. And my wife's UGG's.

35 min drive home to get another battery. 35 min back to storage. 35 min home.

Good news? I have a beer and the trailer in my driveway....
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
30 REPLIES 30

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
Well this thread sure did spin off in a wild direction, as most do here lately.

Agreed, thread closed.

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
rangerbait wrote:
My complaint with the OP's post is that it completely neglected the most important detail: what kind of beer was it? 😄

The GOOD stuff ... Canadian beer. 😛
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

rangerbait
Explorer
Explorer
My complaint with the OP's post is that it completely neglected the most important detail: what kind of beer was it? 😄
2014 Heartland Trail Runner 35' TT + ProPride 3P
2012 F350 SRW Power Stroke Diesel FX4 Long Bed
Mom, Dad, and 4 Rugrats!
Monterey, Ca.

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
samhain7 wrote:
profdant139 wrote:
Crime in Canada?? Say it ain't so! Every time we go to Canada, we are amazed at how civil and pleasant it is, especially compared to urban Southern California (where we lock everything, all the time).

This is not the norm, in fact, I was quite shocked it happened.
To give you an idea how infrequent this is, I asked the rental store about video surveillance, and they don't even have any. All of their tow able tools are out in the parking lot in a chain-link fence enclosure. Which would be pretty to steal with some simple bolt cutters.

Of course, what they are not telling you, is that they have GPS tracking devices in almost all towable equipment.

I'm north of you in Muskoka, and some little jerk broke into my van a couple of years ago in my driveway. The van was unlocked already, but the moron broke the door handle to access the lock rods....

It is so rare here for theft, that I have left keys in the ignition for weeks at a time (never intentional, just forgotten until I need the vehicle again) We even had a bear move into our garage for a week because the door didn't close properly. No one came into our house all week and it was completely open, perhaps the guard bear kept them away LOL.

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
samhain7 wrote:
A really expensive pair of ugly boots.

Careful or you might have a mob of high-school age pumpkin latte sipping girls angry with you!

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
jwoods61us wrote:

Did I read your second post correctly and you left the tailgate down? If so, is it possible that the battery slid out the back and you didn't notice? I hate to rain on the "crime" parade, but while taking a leaky battery core back to the parts store last week I was surprised by how easily a battery will slide around in a truck bed.

not when you have a rubber liner like the Avalanche does - NOTHING slides on that thing....which presents a difference issue sometimes.... 🙂
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I guess that day means that the rest of your camping days are only going to be better. Wishing you some better luck, anyways!

I wouldn't worry about formatting Forum posts. Within a few years Google or someone else will be translating them and compiling whatever seems to be more reasonable, with perfect grammar and punctuation. Your futuristic post may have contained a story about your wife, UGG, and her efforts to clean a battery with a chainsaw on the tailgate of a truck.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

jwoods61us
Explorer
Explorer
samhain7 wrote:
samhain7 wrote:

Closed the tailgate.
Went inside to return the chainsaw.

I stand corrected. I guess I was feeling warm and fuzzy and wanted it to be an accident instead of criminal. 😮
John, Lorie, Franklin, Sammi, Tina
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins G56
2020 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2912BS

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
samhain7 wrote:

Closed the tailgate.
Went inside to return the chainsaw.

magila
Explorer
Explorer
When did Target start renting chain saws??:W

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
samhain7 wrote:
djsamuel wrote:
You forgot to mention the make, year, model and color of your truck. Nor did you explain what else you purchased when you stopped at the local convenience store to purchase chain saw chain oil. 🙂

Now that was funny...

Glad you enjoyed. Just trying to add a bit of levity. 🙂

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
This is of concern to me, because last year I removed the hard bed cover panels off my Avalanche. I did it because it makes it much easier to load/unload stuff, especially while towing and camping. and after 13 years, the panels no longer keep the bed from letting rainwater in. But it also exposes anything for people to see what is in the bed. Therefore, I try not to leave anything that is valuable in there. If they want to steal some firewood, they can have at it. I do still have the side saddle bag compartments that are lockable.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
that drive really does extend the day.. i once drove clear out to my storage, which was about a 7 minute drive, backed my truck up to the trailer pulled my wdh out, sway bars out, etc, only to discover i didn't have my hitch receiver adapter with me.

home and back and home again really puts a dent in the time. 35 minutes would have me steaming.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Crime in Canada?? Say it ain't so! Every time we go to Canada, we are amazed at how civil and pleasant it is, especially compared to urban Southern California (where we lock everything, all the time).

This is not the norm, in fact, I was quite shocked it happened.
To give you an idea how infrequent this is, I asked the rental store about video surveillance, and they don't even have any. All of their tow able tools are out in the parking lot in a chain-link fence enclosure. Which would be pretty to steal with some simple bolt cutters.