cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking aft used trucks - "?' flood damage

MR_MAC
Explorer
Explorer
as looking for a used truck, about 3 years oil, I noticed under rear very clean, the break lines looked as if they were new with clean tages, on them, and weld seams had rust on them, like new rust. Also inside the tail pipe was clean with rust spots. any way to tell if its from a flood area and been clean up. And does it realy matter.
ROBERT L MC INTYRE
15 REPLIES 15

Temporary water shouldn't be cause for replacing brake lines, as they get wet all the time.

I'd be more concerned about possible corrosion contamination. I'll explain:

Couple years ago near Trail BC, a transport truck carrying a highly corrosive liquid, hydrochloric acid I think it was, spilled some of it's load as the truck drove down the highway. Vehicles drove through it and coated the underside with acid. There was a massive insurance claim with ICBC, the governments auto insurance in British Columbia. Dozens of vehicles were scrapped and I believe crushed.

Perhaps a few of these vehicles were not claimed for, but rather wound up being exported south and sold in the US.

Check to see if this is a Canadian import from BC. If so, don't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

But still be very cautious. This truck may have been exposed to something similar.

Long shot, but entirely possible.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com