cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a narrow TT that sleeps 4

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. The spouse is starting to grumble about wanting a trailer so I'm starting to look online at what is available and might suit us. I'm looking for suggestions on narrow bunkhouse TTs (7'6" width max).

I've found the CampLite 21BHS and the Microminnie 1700BH.

Has anyone checked these out and would be willing to share your impressions?

Are there others? There must be but I'm having a hard time finding them!

My preferences:

1. sleeps 4 without a ton of setup (I would consider a hybrid if it had at least one permanent bed I could pile the other bedding on while on the move)

2. 7'6" wide or less, preferably 7'. (This is important for storage as well as driving convenience)

3. seating for 4 at the dinette (Microminnie seems to fail this test)

4. access to refrigerator and bathroom at all times (with slide in/top is down/whatever). The CampLite is questionable here and I'd love some reviews

5. bathroom and refrigerator, wet bath okay, fridge should be larger than "dorm size".

6. prefer 2 axles

7. prefer not to have microwave, TV, stereo, satellite, etc. (We won't use these things and storage would be preferred in a small TT)

8. prefer larger tanks

9. The shorter the better

Any suggestions? My tow vehicle should be adequate for anything in this category. Thanks!
31 REPLIES 31

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Coachman Clipper 17BH. My buddy just bought one of these last year. Full bed up front, 2 bunks in the back and a dinette that folds down. Its only 7 feet wide.

It has the little dorm style fridge, but it is a propane/electric fridge. I think it has a cooktop, no stove... cant remember about the microwave.

It has a legit bathroom, small, but has toilet and shower. Not sure if there is a second sink in the bathroom, or just the kitchen sink.

It has pretty small tanks, most smaller trailers have smaller tanks.

Also, it is a single axle and either 13 or 14" tires.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

totaldla
Explorer
Explorer
ORV's black rock 18rd and 20rd might be worth looking at. They come with 78 gallon fresh water tanks and they are well insulated. Plus they have an excellent chassis.

Personally, I think a narrow trailer is a mistake.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another one to look at that was similar to mine but not as nice IMHO was the Gulf Stream Amerilite 19DS. In 2015 (when we started looking) they were pretty comparable, but KZ really stepped up their game for 2017 and made a much more polished product. If you've got an Amerilite dealer with one you can at least get an idea if the layout works for you.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
MKish wrote:
It does look as though a dinette slide would make a big difference in a skinny trailer.

And add weight, should that be an issue for you.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. I'm expanding my list with all the suggestions.

I do realize that there aren't as many in this size range (which is why I appreciate and am taking note of every suggestion). It does look as though a dinette slide would make a big difference in a skinny trailer.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Starcrafe ar-one series as well. They're entry level, but we've had one for five tears now, and have had zero problems.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Most TT's are 8 feet wide. Any more narrow would not give you all the amenities you want. Take a look at the units on the website for Riverside Mfg. in Lagrange, IN. They have everything from teardrops to 5ers.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
chesterb wrote:
I was going to suggest the Jayco Jay Feather 7 too. The 22BHM model has a Murphy bed system which is convenient because it gives extra seating during the day. Separate bunks for the kiddos too. It's similar a similar floorplan to my model which I really like.

The problem I found was that there was no 7' trailer without a slide that the 4 of us could eat at comfortably, I guess if you're a smaller family it could work but I'm 6'3", wife is 5'10" and older son is 6' so no "4 person" dinette worked for us in the non-slide models.
Equalizer 10k WDH

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to suggest the Jayco Jay Feather 7 too. The 22BHM model has a Murphy bed system which is convenient because it gives extra seating during the day. Separate bunks for the kiddos too. It's similar a similar floorplan to my model which I really like.
2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi, Crewcab, 4x4, 4.10
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
KZ Sportsman Classic 181BH fits everything but dual axle, large tanks, and no microwave/stereo. If you get it with the 13.5AC you also get the 6.3 refer with separate freezer.
Equalizer 10k WDH

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
That's the widest I can fit into my side yard. ๐Ÿ™‚

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
MKish wrote:
Thanks! These are definitely worth checking out. And I'm seeing a theme in names that will help with the search as well. "Nano". "Seven". The 7 is almost too obvious!

We will have to look at these in person of course, with a tape measure, and with arguing children. There's no way to tell online if 4 people can sit at the table but it's very helpful to see what lines I should even be considering.

I'm sure I'll be stuck with items I don't really want and not be able to get the ones I do want. I'd actually like a 3 burner range with a real oven but the narrow TT category puts you more in the "budget" territory. And something "nice" enough for an oven is going to have an entertainment system. I guess a microwave is just another cabinet...

Our Jay Feather X213 has a 3 burner range with oven, fridge with usable freezer, king bed on a rear slide and bunk beds up front. Unfortunately it's wider than what you want.

I suppose that someone handy could pull the microwave out and rebuild it into a cabinet. A lot of folks just use it for a bread box. And many use the oven for that or for a wine "cellar". Like you, we have no need of the microwave or TV, but that's how it came.
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
MKish wrote:
I'd actually like a 3 burner range with a real oven but the narrow TT category puts you more in the "budget" territory.

Curious as to why you're so insistent on a "narrow" trailer, meaning something less than 8'. :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! These are definitely worth checking out. And I'm seeing a theme in names that will help with the search as well. "Nano". "Seven". The 7 is almost too obvious!

We will have to look at these in person of course, with a tape measure, and with arguing children. There's no way to tell online if 4 people can sit at the table but it's very helpful to see what lines I should even be considering.

I'm sure I'll be stuck with items I don't really want and not be able to get the ones I do want. I'd actually like a 3 burner range with a real oven but the narrow TT category puts you more in the "budget" territory. And something "nice" enough for an oven is going to have an entertainment system. I guess a microwave is just another cabinet...

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you look at the Jayco Jay Feather and Jay Feather 7 lineup. There are several that might meet your requirements.

Jayco floor plans
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213