cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a "soft" rubber truck bed mat

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a soft rubber truck bed mat to put under my Northern Lite 811.
The one I have is hard and after this trip we were on which involved some bad roads I found the unit moving around.
While talking with a rep from NL about another small difficulty,I mentioned the moving and he highly recommended a soft rubber truck bed mat to put under the bottom which is fiber glass.
Would appreciate any good ideas. I have been Googling and looking on Amazon with no luck
Thanks
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"
22 REPLIES 22

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put screws with big washers in the corners of my bed mat, basically so it would not fly out of the truck when I didn't have the end gate on. It could help your situation.

JSSEC
Explorer
Explorer
As I build gyms I have access to this Rubber Flooring works great for camper and anything else you want to haul and not slide around.
2008 F 350 CC DRW
1978 F 350 Camper Special
1982 Real Lite
Custom Paint & Trim

rfuerst911sc
Explorer
Explorer
What " movement " are you trying to stop/control ? Lets face it all truck campers will move a little they should not be tied down so tight to stop all movement. Doing so in my opinion would cause damage to the truck campers framework. A rubber mat like a horse stall mat will help absorb some shock to the camper and also help hold it a little from sliding backwards but really that's what the tie downs are for.

Marshfly
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I use for my lance as well. I picked up my camper with my new truck before I had a chance to get the bed liner sprayed and when I got home, 8hrs later, you could see from the scratches where it moves side to side about an inch. Now, I still haven't had a chance to get it sprayed, but with the stall mats, it doesn't move at all.

AidenJ
Explorer
Explorer
Bonesquatch wrote:
I saw some at Tractor Supply and thought about picking a couple up. But how necessary or useful are they? Are they recommended in general?

They are if you own a Northern Lite or Bigfoot
Our mat is fairly soft but I still get some Movement. Got ours at Tractor Supply
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CC, CTD, SRW
2010 NORTHERN-LITE 10-2 SPECIAL EDITION)
Libby, 2 yr Boxer/Hound mix learning to travel

Bonesquatch
Explorer
Explorer
I saw some at Tractor Supply and thought about picking a couple up. But how necessary or useful are they? Are they recommended in general?
"That's just...like...your opinion...man..."--The Dude
2012 Chevy 2500 HD
2012 Lance 850

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, just go down to your nearest co-op or Tractor Supply and pick up two stall mounts. They will be about as soft as you can get without custom ordering or going to small kids squares.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure how soft or hard you are looking for but try doing a search on stall Mats. I picked up one that was dimpled on one side and ribbed on the other. They come in varying sizes and thicknesses. Got mine at the local farm supply store.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad