cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some help finding new camper

JeepGuy
Explorer
Explorer
figured id copy this post over here as well since maybe a non hybrid is what were looking for.
we currently have a jayco 16xrb and are looking to get something bigger now, looking to stay under 5,000 lbs and under 26' will be towing with a '13 grand cherokee hemi with tow package (7200lbs tow rating). we looked at some other jayco units today but didnt really find a floor plan we like. trying to find something with larger bunk beds and a fold out full size bed or even a regular trailer with bunks at one end and full size bed at the other, we also want a slide for more room inside (have a 5 and 3 yo now) we did find a jayco we liked but it was 30' long and i think thats to long for my wheelbase (but feel free to chime in). Anyone camping in something like i mentioned now? So far a forest river shamrock 21ss is looking to be close to what we want (no bunk beds but i guess you cant have everything lol)
10 REPLIES 10

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Keystone Bullets. 243, 272, 274 might all be candidates depending on your cargo carrying capacity on that Jeep.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

JeepGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RobbiesRV wrote:
Have you looked in to the Coleman line? I think the CTS262BH or CTS274BH may work for you. Another couple of good options would be the Heartland Prowler 25LX or the Heartland Pioneer BH250. I work for Camping World of Indy and we have all of them in stock.

the colemans you listed are a little longer/heavier than im looking at but im goin gto check out other models from them. the heartland prowler is to big

JeepGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Lula85 wrote:
Sorry I don't have more suggestions for you! Are looking for something with a GVWR of 5,000 or a dry weihgt of 5,000? From the researchIe did before purchasing a trailer, I can't think of too many non-hybrids that will fit what your are looking for at a low weight.

dry weight of around 5k. tv rating is 7200

RobbiesRV
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked in to the Coleman line? I think the CTS262BH or CTS274BH may work for you. Another couple of good options would be the Heartland Prowler 25LX or the Heartland Pioneer BH250. I work for Camping World of Indy and we have all of them in stock.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If you like the Retro look, review the White Water 195 by Riverside Mfg. in Lagrange, IN. It is 24 ft.

Lula85
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I don't have more suggestions for you! Are looking for something with a GVWR of 5,000 or a dry weihgt of 5,000? From the researchIe did before purchasing a trailer, I can't think of too many non-hybrids that will fit what your are looking for at a low weight.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the Coachmen APEX. Really light, and seems to be well built. Lots of floorplans to look thru
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

JeepGuy
Explorer
Explorer
checked those both out, thanks. i didnt like the small bunks in the lance and the north trail is a little heavier than id like. keep the suggestions coming though, i had never heard of either of those brands so it was good to see new ones

NorthTrail23
Explorer
Explorer
The North Trail 24bhs may have the features/size youre looking for.
Terry, Sindee and Ranger
Ontario, CAN
2014 Heartland North Trail 23rbs
2016 Ram Big Horn

Lula85
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at Lance? We almost went with the 2185 (triple bunks!).

http://www.lancecamper.com/travel-trailers/2185/#overview

If our tow vehicle could pull the GVWR of 6,000 we would have gotten this!