cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for trailer weight

Fadman
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 1992 20 ft. Nomad by Skyline and I am trying to determine any sort of weight for it, as the information plate attached to the outside of the trailer is worn to the point it is impossible to read. I am the second owner and do not have the owner's manual. I am attempting to sell it and need to provide the buyer with the weight. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have searched the web and I have come up with a dry weight of 3200 lbs and another reference to 4720 lbs which is obviously a big difference.
Thanks,
Jim
6 REPLIES 6

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
Typically there would be a label inside a cabinet to tell you what the UVW etc. are. Usually on the back of a door but one friend found his at the back of his pantry.
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

Fadman
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate everyone's input on this so I guess I'll hook her up and get weighed.
Jim

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
I second the CAT scale approach.

You weigh the TV and re-weigh the TV and TT combination. It also gives you before and after axle loads.

This is also the true weight not the average weight often found in the brochures.

Locally it cost $12.00 if the two weightings are done in 24 hours.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Contact skyline and ask
http://www.skylinerv.com/contact
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I've just been helping a buddy with a very similar TT. The only way to know for sure is the scale but I'd be pretty sure the 3300# you found is the dry weight and the 4700# is the max. That's a pretty small TT but the older ones like that tend to be heavy. I'd bet with an average amount of stuff in it rolling down the road it's around 4000-4200#-ish. Shouldn't be more than 500-600# tongue weight.

blacktop
Explorer
Explorer
bring it truck scale at your nearest truck stop and weigh it.