Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like something in the works at S&S Campers

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
S&S Camper Website.
It looks like S&S is re-designing their website. I understand they have not been doing much in truck campers for a couple years as they have or had a big government contract of some sort. My guess is they are about to ramp up their TC products and get back into that market.
Anybody got knowledge of what's going on with S&S?
7 REPLIES 7

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago one of their salesman was headed to an RV show with a camper on the back of either his truck or a company truck. He decided to take the road less traveled and got mired in a snow covered forest service road and spent the winter there, until he keeled over from lack of food and water.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
mellow wrote:
... went to see what products they had and was put off by the lack of info on their website. They can make the best TC in the world and no one would know about it.

yep...that's EXACTLY why it's dumber than ______ to put a block of bold text saying "under connstruction."
Bob

Bedlam
So S&S, Thetford, Leer and ARE are under one ownership? What is left of the site raises more questions.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I can agree with that, never heard of S&S before, went to see what products they had and was put off by the lack of info on their website. They can make the best TC in the world and no one would know about it.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping something cool is coming.

sidebar: From a marketing perspective (from someone who works in marketing), putting up a note saying "Website Under Construction" is the worst thing possible.
Ask any professional marketing company or web dev company and they will likely say the same thing.
Bob

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weren't they focused on military/Gov't. sales for a while?

Hopefully they are doing well and will return to commercial sales.
They always had a good rep...

B
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Last I heard they got burned by dealers at the beginning of the recession. They went to direct sell of inventory. This usually required customer to pickup the camper from Montana. They have great units. I wanted one. Wife wanted something with a slide.