cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lost weight distribution bar

fdekalb3
Explorer
Explorer
I recently lost on the highway a Reese hitch weight distribution bar 49575. I have since learned they no longer make that hitch. I have had no luck on ebay finding a new bar. So now it looks like I will be purchasing a new hitch. My travel trailer is a 2004 Jay Feather with a GVWR of 4400lbs. Any suggestions as to what hitch I should purchase? My local dealer wants me to spend close to 700 dollars for hitch. It looks like my mistake is costing me more and more each day. Suggestions? Does anyone have a Reese 49575 hidden away in their closet?

thanks,

Fran

Opps
Double posted
See other thread running

Admin
RV.net
10 REPLIES 10

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
I have two 600 lbs. bars I no longer use, but I have no idea if they are for the 49575 system or not. How would I know?

Look at the link I posted earlier - bars for the Reese 49575 system which is no longer available are rated 550 lbs, not 600 lbs.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Did you call Reese to see if they sell parts for it?
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I have two 600 lbs. bars I no longer use, but I have no idea if they are for the 49575 system or not. How would I know?

Robert_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using the E2 setup.
http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch
You can back up with the bars in place and it's quiet. I've had no problem with it.
It's also affordable. Check Amazon or etrailer.com.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a less expensive Reese Pro Series
and it works fine with 1000# round bars. Wind and passing trucks are not an issue and I can travel the backroads thru the twisties without any problem.

It uses a friction sway control which some do not like. It doesn't bother me to use it because I normally disconnect it prior to backing into a site.

Setting up a hitch properly is important , if you know how to do that, then any brand will work.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
EBay, Amazon, Camping World, google, factory, then dealer are my steps in buying any RV part. If you think it may not be available call the factory first.

Prices vary greatly from source to source.

Good luck.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Why did you loose it? Is the head no good?

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked on line and found this Web site. I do not use a weight distribution hitch. But pictures of bars that I saw look like they might work with 49575 hitch

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Accessories_and_Parts-sf-Weight_Distribution-pc-Round_Bar.aspx
Dr Quick

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Mark Heisler wrote:
who told you that they don't make this bar any more? I would phone Reese and ask them. They should be able to help you.

A quick Google search shows this Reese system as "Not Available". That should be no surprise, Reese also no longer offers the Reese Mini 350 or Reese 400 systems, both popular for many years with popup campers. Since the rating of the OP's system is 550 lbs I'd suggest he consider a Blue Ox Sway Pro with 550 lb spring bars. The bonus is that if he ever upgrades to a larger, heavier trailer all he would need to keep using the Blue Ox are new spring bars correctly rated for the new trailer - everything else remains the same. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Mark_Heisler
Explorer II
Explorer II
who told you that they don't make this bar any more?
I would phone Reese and ask them. They should be able to help you.
2003 dodge 2wheel drive diesel 375hp 750torque
2007 citation fifth wheel model 29bhs
to see pictures of my truck and fifth-wheel click on view profile