cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lubricating TV antenna

PapaJim
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, guys, can somebody tell me in plain English how to lube a Winegard tv antenna on a camper? I have read the Winegard directions over and over again, but just don't get it. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, the Winegard instructions are about as clear as mud. I've even emailed them for clarification. The instructions DavidP gave are what you need to do. Be careful when removing the plastic nut. Though I don't know how, I've heard you can somehow get everything out of alignment when you take it off. Just remove it, spray it up the replace it. After spraying the rest, put the antenna up and down to work in the silicone lubricant.

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Remove small plug on swivel and use silicone spray turning the antenna a few times while spraying. Don't use too much or it will run onto roof. Remove top plug/plastic nut and spray the worm gear. Use a liberal amount. This will work its way down to the o ring that seals the shaft. You can also remove the shaft by taking out the pins and inside handle and dial. The shaft can then be removed from the top. IMO that is not necessary and the spray will work down to the rubber o ring. Use silicone on the gears as well accessible from up top. Just give them a few shots. That's it.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Winegard Instructions worked fine for me ... perhaps this YouTube video on the subject would help.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380