cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress Upgrade?

Quattro15
Explorer
Explorer
I've been a tent/hammock camper for years. Having a mattress in my TT is awesome BUT this mattress that my camper came with is horribly firm. In a thought to upgrade I'm looking at Memory Foam Mattresses since they are cheaper than a regular mattress and I feel they would be more comfortable also.

I'm also drawn towards some weight savings though...and am thinking about getting a pair of Thermarest Dreamtime air mattresses instead. I've never slept on a Dreamtime but all the reviews are great.

Has anyone else gone this route to save some weight? Does that mattress compare to a 8 inch memory foam?
2006 Toyota Tundra Doublecab
2016 Coleman 192RDS
23 REPLIES 23

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a foam pad for about $50.00. It works fine.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
We use a memory foam topper too and it sure makes a difference.
When we decide we will get a sleep number mattress to replace this one
But since we have only had the TT for 3 months we are determined to get some use out of the mattress and the foam topper does the trick for now anyway.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Smith wrote:
Got our memery foam from overstock.com. it's a rv queen short and we love it. Best $400 we have spent,

We too! Love our overstock.com memory foam mattress. Makes it tough getting up in the morning, though. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
We got a memory foam topper from Costco.com, solved our mattress issue
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Quattro15
Explorer
Explorer
I've also been looking at the Dynasty Mattresses on Amazon if anyone has one of those.
2016 Coleman 192RDS

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
We use a very good memory foam topper on ours and it is very comfortable. You may not need a new mattress just a topper but do not go cheap on it.

Quattro15
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Sleep Revolution RV Short Queen at WalMart for 217.00, any thoughts on that one?
2016 Coleman 192RDS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
My rig weighs 7500 lbs when loaded so saving a few pounds is not practical for me when I will spend 8 hours each day lying on it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Got our memery foam from overstock.com. it's a rv queen short and we love it. Best $400 we have spent,