cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mice in my camper

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
I tried mouse-repellant and mothballs. Not working. Any other suggestions?

They did a number on my canvas.
BabaMartha
7 REPLIES 7

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, lots of great ideas. I ordered some mouse poison and repellent bags. I already loaded everything with mothballs. This is war!
BabaMartha

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
So not store food in your trailer.
Seal up the holes.
I run a trapline in my garage. Simple traps work fine.
Borrowing a barn cat is a great idea.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Oboy,don't get me started.

Live in the mountains and had mice take over a brand new trailer....acorns stored in drawers, nests found everywhere and furnace clogged.

Ordered everything possible off Amazon to no avail as acorns started mounding everywhere,trailer had a stinch.

I now became the PREDATOR!!!!

After dark, turned on every interior light,open every cabinet door and proceeded to crawl under trailer looking for any beam of light.
Found a bunch and sealed everything with spray foam and Lexell.

Basic traps to rid the inside of mice and hunted down the babies like a savage.

Set out gallon jugs with poison bait balls with little holes cut into them so only mice could get in to dine.

Haven't seen a single mouse in the following 9 years of owning trailer.

See ,you got me going.

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if I am lucky or the things work, but I have never had a sign of a mouse.
The small electronic pest repellers. My trailer is plugged in year round.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep.. Seal off how they get in and then no problem..

I park my trailer on the side of my house. I have a 2 cord wood shed and forest all around... I place poison bait in the wood shed and when it's gone, I always find the dead mice/rats in the wood pile as I use it.

Wood shed in background.

I NEVER have had them in the 2 different trailers I've owned and parked within feet of that shed for the last 18 or so years I've had the 2 trailers, or in my house for that matter...

I don't even get them in my house's crawl space anymore... Sealed off one foundation vent I found and zip, zero nada.. But, in the wood shed... I buy bait by the bucket from amazon and it gets all eaten up.. And I find the bodies in the wood pile so I know it's the mice/rats eating it.

Anyway, gotta just close the doors to your rig and they can't get in in the first place... (yes, I know the door is open on my trailer in the pic!, ha, ha!)

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Find and seal off any holes larger than a quarter with copper mesh. Glue traps along the walls inside (no bait) will catch any inside. You may want to consider placing some bat stations with rodentcide in them outside the camper. I bought these bait stations and some consumer grade poison blocks and the mice went to town on them the first few weeks.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Plan A, go to your local farm supply store and buy a variety of traps and poisons, they should be able to help with suggestions.

Plan B, get a cat.