cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mr Buddy Heater Permanent Install?

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Recently was headed out for another trip to Pismo Beach to play with the toys in the Dunes. Sadly the 99 7.3L Super Duty elected to choke on the lift pump from junk in the fuel tank so we only made it to Paso Robles (limped along the highway at 10mph for 20 miles to get to a shop).

At any rate, shop couldn't help us and we stayed the night in their lot. It being cold during our trip, I had decided to bring a Mr. Buddy Heater because the furnace in the camper sucks juice from the battery on cold nights. I setup the heater on the stove top with a propane bottle, cracked a window and a roof vent. Amazing how well it worked! Temps dropped into the 30s overnight and camper stayed in the 70s the whole time with no juice from the battery and hardly any propane used. Clearly this is the most efficient way to stay warm in off-grid situations.

It worked so well I am considering doing a permanent install by taking the heater apart and making my own mounting bracket and heat shield that is a lot narrower and mounting on the backsplash of the stove. I would route a gas line up from the stove to complete the setup.

I know there are a couple of others that use the Buddy Heater. Has any of you taken it apart and done a more permanent install? Please share pics if you did!

As far as the Pismo Trip and the 7.3L... sadly we had to cancel our trip and scramble to get toys and trailer back home. Truck and camper will be towed up on Monday and dropped off at mechanic whom will eliminate screens in the tank and put a new fuel pump work inline fuel filter in place.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
15 REPLIES 15

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Another option Camco the olympic wave units are made to be mounted, and use even less energy. The little 3000 btuh would probably be all you would need.