cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 4 in 1 Dinette project

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
First I want to give credit to member kerry4951 for his post and pics from a few years back. His 4 in 1 dinette mod was exactly what I wanted to do in my AF 1150. The wife and I love this TC and it had 'almost' everything we wanted in a TC when we were shopping except I preferred the U shaped dinettes I saw in some other brands and models. I just wasn't sure how to go about changing my stock dinette table to a more versatile U-shaped dinette. Kerry4951's photos gave me the visuals I needed.

After removing the stock table I contacted the OEM manufacturer of the dinette upholstery, Lippert Industries, and a wonderful lady there told me the OEM fabric was available and asked how much I would need. Each cushion has a fabric name and number which I could provide when it came time to order the fabric. I then contacted Jack, the owner of The Brass Tack Upholstery shop in Grand Rapids, MI. I took in a stock cushion from the TC along with measurements and a diagram of what I was trying to do and Jack told me how much fabric to order and quoted me a price for the seat cushion and two back cushions. I was very pleased with his work and the way everything matches. Unlike kerry4951, I did not have the dimensions in my slide to add a full height back cushion without it covering much of the window so I created a template for Jack that follows the lines of the window. Next, I contacted Michael at rv-sinks.com and gave him my dimensions for two custom made tables for this project. The tables turned out perfectly. I mounted the tables using the Sequoia table leg system. I like that the table pedestal mounts are flush fit and come with plastic covers when not in use.

Overall I am very pleased with how things turned out. 99% of the time the wife and I will probably utilize the u-shaped dinette with single table configuration but it is nice to know we can change things up to suit our needs or additional people at the table.

2017 Ford F450 XLT CC 6.7 4X4 Dually
2017 Arctic Fox 32-5m Fifth Wheel
16 REPLIES 16

Daryl_B
Explorer
Explorer
You did such a great job that it looks like it came that way from the factory.
AF could (or should) offer that as an option.
They do have the option of the "rollover sofa", but you vary rarely see it.
2022 F-450
2019 Arctic Fox 1140 WB

Past Rigs
2006 F-450 16k GVWR, Kelderman 4-link rear suspension
2009 AF 990
2016 EC 1165
2017 AF 990

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Kerry's conversion was on his AF 1140.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
silversand wrote:
Nice job. Very versatile.

We have a fixed U-shaped dinette (like in your top photo) in our pop-up Outfitter (8 foot camper tub, for 8 foot truck bed), but it would have been nice to have the full wide benches once in a while.

We remove the dinette table top and slide it under the cab-over mattress if we want to have a full "living room" effect.

We're still looking for a metal articulating under-tabletop receiver, so we can articulate the table-top in many different configurations. No luck yet.

Cheers,
S-

Try some of the different marine/boating supply vendors. I found some cool single arm wall mount systems that articulated in different ways but they were all very pricey!! :E

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job. Very versatile.

We have a fixed U-shaped dinette (like in your top photo) in our pop-up Outfitter (8 foot camper tub, for 8 foot truck bed), but it would have been nice to have the full wide benches once in a while.

We remove the dinette table top and slide it under the cab-over mattress if we want to have a full "living room" effect.

We're still looking for a metal articulating under-tabletop receiver, so we can articulate the table-top in many different configurations. No luck yet.

Cheers,
S-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
What a great job you've done on your 4 in 1 dinette mod. Really professional looking and more than likely better than new. Thanks for sharing.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
Sango wrote:
blueglide wrote:
Sango wrote:
Very nice job. We have a 2014 1150 AF and would love to do that to ours also. Is the seat cushion just sitting on a board that sits on the two running boards for the old table? What dimensions is the seat cushion?

The seat cushion is sitting on the smaller table top. The dimensions for the seat cushion are 26" x 18". Those dimensions are what I determined work for us. I didn't want the seating area to be too narrow but also not so wide that it encroached upon the other seating space. The table top under the cushion measures 28 5/8" x 18".

Thank you. Kerry4951 order his with the U shaped dinette correct?

No...he converted his dinette to a u shape also. I'm not sure what model his TC was since his slide dimensions are clearly different than mine.

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
blueglide wrote:
Sango wrote:
Very nice job. We have a 2014 1150 AF and would love to do that to ours also. Is the seat cushion just sitting on a board that sits on the two running boards for the old table? What dimensions is the seat cushion?

The seat cushion is sitting on the smaller table top. The dimensions for the seat cushion are 26" x 18". Those dimensions are what I determined work for us. I didn't want the seating area to be too narrow but also not so wide that it encroached upon the other seating space. The table top under the cushion measures 28 5/8" x 18".

Thank you. Kerry4951 order his with the U shaped dinette correct?
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
Sango wrote:

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
FreebirdFlies wrote:
I don't see the bed configuration in the photos.
If it will still do that, isn't that 5 available options?

Yup..it could be 5. 🙂 No kids at home anymore...just two dogs so I doubt we would ever need the bed conversion. I sized the main table a little smaller than the stock one so to use it for bed support I would need to extend the ledge a little bit.

FreebirdFlies
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see the bed configuration in the photos.
If it will still do that, isn't that 5 available options?

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Great job. Thank you for sharing.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
GREAT job!!!!
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Escargot