cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My 4 in 1 Dinette project

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
First I want to give credit to member kerry4951 for his post and pics from a few years back. His 4 in 1 dinette mod was exactly what I wanted to do in my AF 1150. The wife and I love this TC and it had 'almost' everything we wanted in a TC when we were shopping except I preferred the U shaped dinettes I saw in some other brands and models. I just wasn't sure how to go about changing my stock dinette table to a more versatile U-shaped dinette. Kerry4951's photos gave me the visuals I needed.

After removing the stock table I contacted the OEM manufacturer of the dinette upholstery, Lippert Industries, and a wonderful lady there told me the OEM fabric was available and asked how much I would need. Each cushion has a fabric name and number which I could provide when it came time to order the fabric. I then contacted Jack, the owner of The Brass Tack Upholstery shop in Grand Rapids, MI. I took in a stock cushion from the TC along with measurements and a diagram of what I was trying to do and Jack told me how much fabric to order and quoted me a price for the seat cushion and two back cushions. I was very pleased with his work and the way everything matches. Unlike kerry4951, I did not have the dimensions in my slide to add a full height back cushion without it covering much of the window so I created a template for Jack that follows the lines of the window. Next, I contacted Michael at rv-sinks.com and gave him my dimensions for two custom made tables for this project. The tables turned out perfectly. I mounted the tables using the Sequoia table leg system. I like that the table pedestal mounts are flush fit and come with plastic covers when not in use.

Overall I am very pleased with how things turned out. 99% of the time the wife and I will probably utilize the u-shaped dinette with single table configuration but it is nice to know we can change things up to suit our needs or additional people at the table.

2017 Ford F450 XLT CC 6.7 4X4 Dually
2017 Arctic Fox 32-5m Fifth Wheel
16 REPLIES 16

Fastbrit
Explorer
Explorer
WOW!! So professional
Better than new:W
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD. Timbrens all around, Bilstein shocks.
2014 Chalet TS116

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
Looks Fantastic!