cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help finding radio

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
I want to replace the radio in our trailer, but I don't want to spend a lot on an RV specific radio. Any car stereo should work, but I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. I need a stereo that has an aux in and a headphone out. Any help would be appreciated.
Aaron Kennedy
7 REPLIES 7

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.
Aaron Kennedy

x5rdman
Explorer
Explorer
Segan77, you picked my interest and sure enough my radio (jensen) has a headphone jack. A quick search on eBay turned up some exactly like mine, which by the way I will change out soon. Just search for jensen rv radio
2008 Jayco Ex-Port 17C
2007 Trailblazer

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely check Crutchfield. Large selection. Crutchfield usually includes the wiring harness. Units with Bluetooth, Aux in and USB support are very affordable.
Headphone out could be difficult. It might be possible to scab something together on the speaker wiring out. Some smartphones have built in FM. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I looked for one with a headphone jack a couple years ago and could not find one. I'd think it's like Mikebreeze mentions, they are illegal.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

x5rdman
Explorer
Explorer
Try eBay. I am thinking aboit changing my Jenson RV radio to a DVD auto radio.
2008 Jayco Ex-Port 17C
2007 Trailblazer

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
crutchfield.com
They're tech support and phone support is excellent.

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
I think the reason you may not find a car/truck/rv stereo with a headphone jack is that it is illegal to drive with headphones on in a number of states. I got an inexpensive stereo from amazon.com for my RV that has AM/FM/CD/Weather/Aux, USB and SIM Card input:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HJ21SO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A