cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help finding TC owner.

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
While the DW and I were hunting last week, we stumbled across a camera that had been dropped way up on top of a mountain here in Colorado. After looking at the pictures trying to find any information on whom it might belong to, I found some pictures of these two trucks and their TCs. The Silverado appears in most of the pictures, so I am sure it is the owner's of the camera.

There was a few pictures of a "receipt" for a bicycle race in Leadville, Colorado with a name on it. I did google the name and found an address with a telephone number, but the number no longer works. Searched for the name on Facebook and didn't get any hits. She does appear to be a LinkedIn member, but I can't send her a message without being a paying member.

If anyone recognizes either of these vehicles, please let me know. There are thousands of pictures on this camera and I am sure they would like to have it back.

2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray
33 REPLIES 33

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
What I always remembered most about helping others is, If you are not feeling well, go do something nice for someone else, you will be surprised how well it makes you feel afterwards. That is what I love most about this forum. People helping other people.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
That is a great story! I almost wish you wouldn't have mentioned the depressing mystery because we are all curious..... yet also appreciate your discretion.

The other day in Nashville TN we passed a couple trying to push their truck towards the gas pumps as we were driving away....we didn't get far into the lot before we thought we ought to park and walk bAck to help. Had to find a decent space for our rig first with Jeep in tow. By the time we did we saw them yelling at each other and he was grabbing her by the shoulders at one point. So we decided we didn't want our karma run over by their dogma (or something like that) and instead watched in case anything serious occurred and it didn't seem to and they made it to the pump. You did a good deed, good on ya #40fan.

Made me smile reading the post.
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
This is great. Reading this post made my day.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Your Karma level is way up just now.
Good job.
A few years ago, my neighbor and general contractor, Boomer, was driving thru a busy 4-way intersection with a load of 5/8" plywood up on the lumber rack of his Dodge, 3-series truck. He apparently did not tie it down well, as the load spilled all over the center of the intersection when the signal changed. There were cars facing him in every direction and he proceeded to try to hoist 20 pieces of heavy plywood back onto the rack. Out of nowhere, a man in a suit and tie ran to help him re-load the load. It was over in about 90 seconds. As he was pulling out of the way he asked the suit why he had helped him. He said, "I believe in carma, so I had to do it."
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3 wrote:
I take a photo of my phone # written on a piece of paper and keep it on the camera. If lost, there's a chance someone might give me a call and I could recover it.

I do the same with my phone's camera; take a photo of my house phone #.

I'm low tech. I have a teeny, weeny P-touch label of my cell # on the bottom of my camera.

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Way cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I take a photo of my phone # written on a piece of paper and keep it on the camera. If lost, there's a chance someone might give me a call and I could recover it.

I do the same with my phone's camera; take a photo of my house phone #.

work2fish
Explorer
Explorer
You're not going to believe this, but I work with the owner of the Dodge and guy in your first picture. I did not see this post originally or I would have connected you. They are good folks, for sure.

Thanks for your help!
2011 Ford F-350, KR, 6.7L, 4X4, SRW, short bed
2007 Northstar 850SC truck camper
2002 Lund Fisherman 1700 w/ Suzuki DF140

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
#40Fan wrote:
... I would relay everything that she said, but it was quite saddening as well as triumphant. When the wife got home from work I let her read the letter and she all but broke out into tears.

Now we are all curious....

do tell....
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I was beginning to get a little worried. She seemed really intent on letting me know when she received the camera back and was very concerned to making sure that she pay back the cost of shipping, even though I told her not to worry about it. Yet, I started to think that I really didn't confirm it was her. I had her plate number that I could have asked for confirmation before sending, but didn't. After a few weeks now and not hearing back or seeing anything in the mail, I figured that I might have been duped by someone that is now living at the location I found via google.

Then, today, I finally received a letter and a well over-paid reimbursement. I would relay everything that she said, but it was quite saddening as well as triumphant. When the wife got home from work I let her read the letter and she all but broke out into tears.

This find and return will be something that we will never forget. Goofingly, we even took a picture of ourselves at the spot where we found the camera and she was tickled when she saw it. I hope that one day we will get to run into her and give her the hug, after reading the letter, the wife and I feel we should give her.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
Did you tell her about all the rest of us wishing you luck and making suggestions!!! In other words invite them to join us here?
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Sure was fast. USPS had the letter I sent to her delivered the next day after picking it up from my house. Her camera went out today. After quick delivery of the letter, I bet the package will get lost. ๐Ÿ˜„
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Great work! Fast resolution too! Makes ya feel good to do good! More folks should try it in other address of life.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

finaddict
Explorer
Explorer
Well done and another example of "paying it forward"