cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Dodge Ram Pickup

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Saw one of the new Rams today at a new car show. I can't figure out how anyone is going to to a 5er and have any bed clearance. I have a 5er we tow with a 2005 Dodge, having about 5" bed clearance. Our bed is 54" from the ground to the top of the bed rail and trailer sets level. The new Ram has a bed rail height of 60". How are you to tow level without having to put suspension blocks under the 5er? Our 5er is running on 16" rubber. Kind of eliminates the new Dodge doesn't it?
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member
17 REPLIES 17

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
this isn't truck manufacturer's fault this is on the RV industry. for years and years they've made bigger and heavier f'vers and don't upgrade the ride height. Truck manufacturers have to fall suit with stronger frames and tires which in turn raises box heights.

it's about time trailer companies put 17 -18" tires on their trailers.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
We have a member here who's RAM 2013 dually is 58.5" but what's a inch and a half between men :B My 2006 is 58" unloaded and with a little hitch adjustment I have 5.5" of clearance. It does squat a good 4" hitch up though.
Got news for you, go measure all three and let us know the results, I'm sure they are all in the same ballpark, give or take a inch and a half or so :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
:S
Totally clueless.