cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ram redesign

RamGuy2500
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody heard a timeline for the new Ram redesign release date? With all this news about the new Super Duty it would be nice to hear something from FCA. Are they going to use Aluminum? What about any new engines or output upgrades? I wish they'd start some suspense or something to perk our interest.
2018 Ford F-350 XLT, 6.7 Powerstroke 😄
77 REPLIES 77

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Actually the Ford F150 has the most parts made in the USA. The last I checked the Ridgeline didn't make the Top 10.

It's interesting in the article that GM finally woke up and acknowledged that most truck owners want their trucks to be "Made in the USA". I couldn't have said it better. :B

Ouch this is going to hurt!
February 9, 2016
With move to Mexico, Ford no longer Made in USA
By Mark Wachtler

February 9, 2016. San Luis Potosi, Mexico. (ONN) News reports this weekend announced that Ford would be opening a new manufacturing plant in Mexico and expanding another factory near Mexico City. Upon completion, the plants will produce three-times as many Fords as the country currently manufactures. Once the most well known American company, a recent report from Forbes Magazine confirms that Fords are not made in the USA anymore, only partially built or assembled.
LINKY LINKY Tory LOL

Fuzzy numbers

Here’s a trick question - how many Ford cars and trucks are manufactured in the United States each year? That’s difficult to answer for two reasons. One, the company only reports the number of vehicles manufactured in each continent. In the case of North America, the number is 2.9 million, just under half of all the Fords made in the entire world annually.

The other problem is that cars and trucks aren’t made in one spot anymore. The parts are made in different factories and then shipped to an assembly plant in a separate location all together. And unfortunately, ‘American made’ cars like Ford are no longer American-made.

Made in USA

According to the most recent results of Fortune Magazine’s annual list of American made vehicles, there are only seven cars or trucks actually made in the USA. And none of them are Fords. To qualify as being ‘American made’, at least 75% of the vehicle must be manufactured in the US.

Forbes 2015 list of American-made vehicles:

1. Toyota Camry

2. Toyota Sienna

3. Chevrolet Traverse

4. Honda Odyssey

5. GMC Acadia

6. Buick Enclave

7. Chevrolet Corvette

Don

Ow.. Bet that left a mark. Still woosie Fish?

Im not brand loyal, and usually read these threads just for the humor. Of the big three, I do like my Ram CTD the best and I liked my 2005 Ram 1500 alot as well. After that it's probably ford then GM.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
icanon wrote:
And if Trump builds his wall how are you going to get your trucks over it? ??????

Driving bringing NAFTA allowed Taco 6.7 Power Strokes North.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/147793-6-7-made-mexico.html#/forumsite/20554...

LAM leaves St. Louis for Mexico

Also don't forget all those Chrysler dealers that where forced to close during the Chrysler bail out.
Or the GM dealers that were forced to close during the GM bail out. Selective memory there Troy. Love the no response to the link I posted about your All American Company Troy.

Ford has moved it's F650/F750 plant from mexico to the US... Good Job!

Please don't confuse him with facts, he may spin complete out of control.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
GeoBoy wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

So I'll give GM a Atta Boy... You know since I like to buy domestic trucks. LOL

New Honda Ridgeline probably has more of it's parts built in America than the big three.

The Honda Ridgeline is NOT a truck.

Yes it is...just not a truck for you....lol

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Seeing that the Ridgeline is built on a mini van chassis I can understand why you feel that way. Lol.

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
RobertRyan wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
The current ram was designed by Daimler so it will be interesting to see what the next gen truck looks like with the fiat designers.

I will say that the latest grills for the rebel and the limited is not inspiring.

Mercedes makes some nice looking trucks, so do the Fiat IVECO ones we get here, others tend to grow on you like the Ducato

Grows on you? Isn't there a topical cream for that now?

Mercedes has no reason to import trucks here, simply because they have owned Freightliner for 35 years.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
icanon wrote:
And if Trump builds his wall how are you going to get your trucks over it? ??????

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/147793-6-7-made-mexico.html#/forumsite/20554...

Also don't forget all those Chrysler dealers that where forced to close during the Chrysler bail out.
Or the GM dealers that were forced to close during the GM bail out. Selective memory there Troy. Love the no response to the link I posted about your All American Company Troy.

2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
The current ram was designed by Daimler so it will be interesting to see what the next gen truck looks like with the fiat designers.

I will say that the latest grills for the rebel and the limited is not inspiring.

Mercedes makes some nice looking trucks, so do the Fiat IVECO ones we get here, others tend to grow on you like the Ducato

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
The wet side of state is the cause of frequent electrical shorts in critical thinking. You either have to make sure you're weatherproofed or move to the dry side of the mountains.

Got it... So there's some hope!
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Bedlam
The wet side of state is the cause of frequent electrical shorts in critical thinking. You either have to make sure you're weatherproofed or move to the dry side of the mountains.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Some think we could reverse the global economy we are in! One such ill informed potty mouth "reality star" wants to be the Pres, and even talks about walls.

We have been skewered and put over a fire, and they just keep turning up the heat. Anyone that believes the "reality star" will turn the heat down is in for a big surprise, as he is part of the 1% ownership group that controls the furnace they match the lambs into.

Chris

Spoken like a true liberal.... And from a nanny state so what could one expect.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
GeoBoy wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

New Honda Ridgeline probably has more of it's parts built in America than the big three.

Yes it is...just not a truck for you....lol

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jarlaxle wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Dumping, moving,whatever you want to say the fact is soon the CMEP plant will only build for RAM.

Says volumes, yes it does. I would say they are planning on building more for RAM and need the production capacity. Or it's just more efficient to build for only one user at this plant.

I think it's huge news for Cummins fans they will still be partnered thru 2019.

I wonder if the fact that Freightliner builds trucks in North Carolina has anything to do with Cummins producing engines for them there.

Very well could be. Wish I would have asked her. She was pretty closed lipped.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
icanon wrote:

That wasn't Ford's plant...F650s and 750s were built at the Blue Diamond plant, a joint venture with International.
Current rig:

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Dumping, moving,whatever you want to say the fact is soon the CMEP plant will only build for RAM.

Says volumes, yes it does. I would say they are planning on building more for RAM and need the production capacity. Or it's just more efficient to build for only one user at this plant.

I think it's huge news for Cummins fans they will still be partnered thru 2019.

I wonder if the fact that Freightliner builds trucks in North Carolina has anything to do with Cummins producing engines for them there.
Current rig:

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Reality or jail bird. Hard to govern in a cell.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110