cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Toilet

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short, I don't need a new toilet, but once I factor in the seat and the fix I am better off purchasing one. I found the original Dometic to be sorta flimsy, specifically the seat.

Any suggestions if purchasing new?
I am handy and have decent access in my TT, but how difficult will the install be?
2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!
4 REPLIES 4

JohnG4706
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my brand new Dometic 300 with the 320. Several reasons--the 300 series is only rated at 220 lbs. The 320, I believe is rated over 300 lbs. The 320 is an elongated bowl, easier and more comfortable for men.

Everything fit perfectly. I got the 320 with the wand accessory. Water pressure to the wand is only on when your depress the foot valve. Used the two floor bolts and was able to unhook the original hose and reconnect without having to do any additional plumbing.

My only mistake was that I ordered the new 320 in White and not in Bisquit. Close enough to not make a big difference.

Well worth the effort.

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure the bolts on the closet flange will match on the one you're getting.

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!
2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!

buzzard616
Explorer
Explorer
We put in a Dometic 310. It has a China bowl and a real toilet seat replaceable at any box store. The 310 is short model as ours sits on a pedastel. The taller one is the 510 I think. Someone will straighten me out if it isn't.
Works very well. The only thing you need to get used to is that it is pedal operated, marine-style.
Stu & Jackie Metcalfe
2000 Salem 27FKSS
2008 Sierra 2500 HD gasser