cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New truck got hammered!!

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Well the two major Hail storms in 3 weeks here in north Texas really did a number on our house and my new Ram dually Laramie longhorn. House is being repaired as we speak in the tune of over 40,000 in damage. My truck is going into the body shop in 4 days and will need a new roof, hood, passage side rear door , power tow mirror, new windshield, cracked lenses and major body work and paint. Not sure how long it will take for repairs. Had to cancel our Florida trip too and may delay our up north trip too. New camper received no damage since it was in covered storage. Important thing is no one got hurt. Still a bummer..
20 REPLIES 20

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we had marble size hail the first storm which was only 3,000 in damage. Thought I was fortunate till second storm 2 weeks later had baseball and softball size! That took its toll. Truck will not fit in garage. I will post some pics of hail size. I had not seen this size hail since 1995, the first year we transferred here. Looking for truck cover options in future. Might help a little.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a few YouTube videos of the hail you guys had. Wow! Saw some where the hail busted out car windows, house windows, and beat people up trying to take video images. Some hail almost as big as baseballs. When tagged under, "weird weather" it was labeled correct!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess that is why GOD created over passes haha... I keep a good eye out for storms with my WX RADIO and WX RADAR apps and if I am heading into harms way I will pull off and camp out for a few hours...

People get pretty angry when the over passes get filled and usually the biggest and baddest guy wins haha...

These folks are not stopping to visit haha...
Google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
You guys get unreal storms back there. I was in Dallas last month for work and got caught up in a thunderstorm with rain and hail trying to get from the airport to my hotel and I couldn't see a thing going down the freeway. Bumpy ride in on the plane too.

Hope your home and auto insurance does what it's supposed to do for you.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
S ucks man. Nothing like getting your new truck beat with a ball peen hammer.
Know that good body shops do better paint work than the factory both in appearance and durability.
If you're one to keep up your vehicles by sanding and buffing out scratches then use this to your advantage to get extra coats of clear coat applied. Then you can clean up surface scratches and swirls with less risk.
Just looking for an upside here, lol.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I saw an interview with a body shop owner in Texas last week, he said he had two years of work lined up after the hail storms.

About 10 years back a hailstorm hit an Airstream rally, the total damage to the rigs was said to exceed $1,000,000.

Of course some of the folk will just take the payment and never have the dents removed.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.