cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold fridge issue

Komfortkween
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2005 21 foot Komfort travel trailer, it is in very good shape and everything works except the fridge does not turn on, the display will not light up at all. Both the ac and dc fuses on the pc board are good and I have checked the voltage at the ac plug and the dc wires. the voltage reading at the dc wires is the same as the reading from the fuse (around 13v). Previous owner took out the model number sticker from inside the fridge. Would appreciate any advice on further troubleshooting or identifying fridge model. Thank you!

I donโ€™t see an option to add photos so if any of you think you might be able to help identify the fridge model I could email you photos
9 REPLIES 9

Komfortkween
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I must not even be as smart as a caveman. But if you don't have the recall box, no obvious leaks, and also nothing lighting up is there a 3amp blade fuse inside where the circuit board is? There is also a round glass fuse at the other end of the circuit board.

Yes I have 13.2 volts on both sides of the fuse, 120volts on both sides of the glass fuse

I must not even be as smart as a caveman. But if you don't have the recall box, no obvious leaks, and also nothing lighting up is there a 3amp blade fuse inside where the circuit board is? There is also a round glass fuse at the other end of the circuit board.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here are your pictures. I used the forum app given to you earlier by profdant139 to post them. Most members are not going to copy/paste your URL to see the pictures. The app is so easy to use even a caveman could do it!:B
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Komfortkween
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
Norcold fridges have a issue that needs to be reset. first thing is to make sure no gold or yellow is showing on the back of the fridge on the outside looking in. A pencil magnet will reset it but I might not be able to tell the exact spot. The reset switch will come on and another way is to unplug one or two wires and I don't know where but you might ask or look up to see if what I just said comes up . You had no answers so maybe you will get more information after my post to correct me or add to. Hope so. chevman

It was my understanding that you can only reset the recall black box with a magnet, I do not have the recall black box on this fridge. There is no yellow powder under the cooling unit. Every wire has been disconnected and reconnected to check for corrosion

Komfortkween
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
Picture posting....

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27694224.cfm

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/norcold-fridge-issue-509632.html

Here is the link to the other forum I posted on with the photos. I figure it might be more helpful to have the discussion in one place

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try this link -- it's great -- just upload your photo, copy the code, and paste it into your message -- really, really easy.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Photo posting
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check the 'other' forum for response and suggestions to get it working
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Picture posting....

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27694224.cfm

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Norcold fridges have a issue that needs to be reset. first thing is to make sure no gold or yellow is showing on the back of the fridge on the outside looking in. A pencil magnet will reset it but I might not be able to tell the exact spot. The reset switch will come on and another way is to unplug one or two wires and I don't know where but you might ask or look up to see if what I just said comes up . You had no answers so maybe you will get more information after my post to correct me or add to. Hope so. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110