http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6KJXeOM0k

This is a cool set up ..

Look at the tires and undercarriage on the trailer
12 REPLIES 12

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
Very interesting!!! Is Australia trying to lock up public lands like the US?

A Lot of Off Road Caravan manufacturers exist. Gall Bros test theirs to destruction. Still normal use of these is not far off that.
No they unlike Slownse has falsely stated they are not doing that, . Notice the number of Off Road makers and click on their link, see Caravans listing and notice the type of Caravan they make.
Australian Off Road Caravan manufacturers
A Video of a Nova Caravan in action

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like an ultimate off road RV.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I knew you was talking Australia without opening the link. We are still doing the OFF-ROAD POPUP camping here and this "WAR WAGON" from down-under really has caught my eye.

With my 12-foot POPUP box with the 5-foot front deck I can do almost the same thing with my POPUP.

We are already camping at a favorite spot up on the VA/WVA forest state line near a spot called FLAGPOLE KNOB...

This is one of the highest spots up there in the George Washington Natl Forest West of Harrisonburg VA and you have cross a small rockbed stream to get to it.

Perfect spot for me and my radio comms...

I pull my OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer just about anywhere my 4WD truck will go.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
slownse wrote:
This is equipment supplied by sponsors,as you can se a film Crรผe and backup wehicles and more than a dosen peaple. that trailer is about $100000. It is considered bad maners to drag a TTop that trach and diging it op as you are getting bogged is why more and more pleases are being made of limit to general public.

Very interesting!!! Is Australia trying to lock up public lands like the US?
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
This is equipment supplied by sponsors,as you can se a film Crรผe and backup wehicles and more than a dosen peaple. that trailer is about $100000. It is considered bad maners to drag a TTop that trach and diging it op as you are getting bogged is why more and more pleases are being made of limit to general public.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully they were able to take the freeway on the way home... ๐Ÿ˜›
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Mvander
Explorer
Explorer
Never would have got stuck with a Hensley;)
55 FEET OF FAMILY FUN!
2014 F150 HD
2015 Grey Wolf 29DSFB

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you notice they are running Goodyear Wranglers vs ST's? That is also something Robertryan said, they don't put ST's on their trailers!!!

I would love to have the TT but I would keep MY truck!!!! :B
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how they could possibly tow that trailer without a weight distribution hitch. LOL
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The Aussies build their TT's for true off road use
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
They obviously build their TT a little different than we do
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150