cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OKanagan interior panel needed

brain
Explorer
Explorer
Need some matching (or closely matching) panels for my 2006 OKanagan 117DBL. I figured it's a long shot, but wondered if anyone has any leads.

Interior is the same color as this one.

Given the age, I assume direct replacements are not available, but something similar might work. Even links to places to look at designs/colors could be helpful.

Jim
8 REPLIES 8

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
brain wrote:
notsobigjoe wrote:
A little off topic but I always liked the that camper and the beautiful warm comfy interior. Always one of my favorites.

It's been a big part of our family's history, as we purchased it many years ago when the kids were young and I had the opportunity to work remotely (before it was ubiquitous like it is now) in the 2000s. We didn't get everywhere, but there were lots of memorable lengthy trips before they got older and could not get away as much.

We're in a new phase of life, with the kids gone/off to college, and we had considered selling the unit, but a recent trip to NC from IA showed us how often we visit or traverse areas that would be tough with a large 5th wheel and also how much we would need to consider in towing something (one of the largest reasons for the TC was neither of us wanted to tow). So, selling it is off the table. We then considered replacing it with a newer unit designed for just the two of us, but there's too many memories in this unit.

We also decided not to sell because it's just too useful. We've actually used it to live in full time between jobs, and we used it as a emergency home during times when the power was out, etc.

We *might* add a 5er down the road if the kids' destinations warrant a longer term "stay in one place" home far away from home and a desire not to impose on their hospitality, but the TC is staying. Still, since I need to make the IA->NC/SC trip every few months and there's no kids' schedules to work around, it's time to redo the unit to focus on amenities for 2 people, both of whom do computer work.

The only main gripe I have with the unit is the frig, which arguably is not the RV's fault. It is just so picky about leveling, and our older Class C dometic was absolutely unconcerned. There's many more options in this space now than in 2006, so it might get the boot at some point.

You can search my username for all of my trials and tribulations on vehicle setup, slide issues back in the day, etc. It's been a ride...

I feel the same way about my lance 1181. But for me a decision is in the near future as the camper and truck have both seen a better day. I bought the camper from a bank repo when I lived in Binghamton NY. It was in Martha's vineyard and was not in the greatest of shape. It is still sound as most lances are but I just replaced the booth and the shower stall. I'm doing the entire floor rip-out and install plus I'm putting a bit to much effort and money into this old truck. My wife keeps asking but I can't answer her just yet. Maybe next year???? Cheers

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
brain wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
you can buy the interior panels at windsor plywood up here, they have about 6 different paterens and the trip pieces and such. don't know if you guys have a lumber store likethat down there.

Steve

We do, but none of the designs match the panels in the camper. Does windsor plywood have a web site with pics of their designs?

Jim

no they don't show anything on there website for them.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

brain
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
A little off topic but I always liked the that camper and the beautiful warm comfy interior. Always one of my favorites.

It's been a big part of our family's history, as we purchased it many years ago when the kids were young and I had the opportunity to work remotely (before it was ubiquitous like it is now) in the 2000s. We didn't get everywhere, but there were lots of memorable lengthy trips before they got older and could not get away as much.

We're in a new phase of life, with the kids gone/off to college, and we had considered selling the unit, but a recent trip to NC from IA showed us how often we visit or traverse areas that would be tough with a large 5th wheel and also how much we would need to consider in towing something (one of the largest reasons for the TC was neither of us wanted to tow). So, selling it is off the table. We then considered replacing it with a newer unit designed for just the two of us, but there's too many memories in this unit.

We also decided not to sell because it's just too useful. We've actually used it to live in full time between jobs, and we used it as a emergency home during times when the power was out, etc.

We *might* add a 5er down the road if the kids' destinations warrant a longer term "stay in one place" home far away from home and a desire not to impose on their hospitality, but the TC is staying. Still, since I need to make the IA->NC/SC trip every few months and there's no kids' schedules to work around, it's time to redo the unit to focus on amenities for 2 people, both of whom do computer work.

The only main gripe I have with the unit is the frig, which arguably is not the RV's fault. It is just so picky about leveling, and our older Class C dometic was absolutely unconcerned. There's many more options in this space now than in 2006, so it might get the boot at some point.

You can search my username for all of my trials and tribulations on vehicle setup, slide issues back in the day, etc. It's been a ride...

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III

brain
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
you can buy the interior panels at windsor plywood up here, they have about 6 different paterens and the trip pieces and such. don't know if you guys have a lumber store likethat down there.

Steve

We do, but none of the designs match the panels in the camper. Does windsor plywood have a web site with pics of their designs?

Jim

brain
Explorer
Explorer
joerg68 wrote:
What is your project on hand?
I can't really help you, but maybe you could describe a bit better what you need? The same wallpaper design, the same wood, luan, cupboard doors?

Same wallpaper design, but I assume I'll need to buy the entire 4x8 panel as the design is integral to the panel.

I need 3 panels.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
What is your project on hand?
I can't really help you, but maybe you could describe a bit better what you need? The same wallpaper design, the same wood, luan, cupboard doors?
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow