cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion on TV for my TT - Ecoboost Towing?

coolm19
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Dutchmen Sport 25f. 4400 dry, 7700 max (though i don't expect we're anywhere near that even with water). No plans to upgrade anytime in the future, there's just 2 of us and a dog.

We're looking at getting a 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost and are trying to decide between the regular and max tow package.

What everyone's opinion on which tow package for my trailer? With the regular we'd have a 3.55, 1660 payload, 9700 max tow weight. The max towing package gets you 3.73, 2000 payload, 11,300 max.

Trying to find them with the max tow package is proving difficult...would there be any concerns if we get the regular tow package with my trailer? We of course use a WD Hitch.
32 REPLIES 32

coolm19
Explorer
Explorer
45seann wrote:
Always go with the max tow package.. better too much than too little..
Personally I would not yet get an eco-boost YET.. I will wait till there are lots rolling around with over 100,000 miles on them.. I worry about the long term durability of the engine.. (working a small engine that hard)

We're also considering the Tundra, but its specs are similar to that of the regular Ford towing package.

We only tow the camper about 6-7 times a year, all under 200 miles. Though a larger trip wouldn't be out of the question in a few years.

45seann
Explorer
Explorer
Always go with the max tow package.. better too much than too little..
Personally I would not yet get an eco-boost YET.. I will wait till there are lots rolling around with over 100,000 miles on them.. I worry about the long term durability of the engine.. (working a small engine that hard)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get the max tow package.
BUT, don't expect the spectacular fuel economy out of it that Ford claims. My brother got one, loves the truck, but pulling a ultralite Jayco with it his fuel economy is worse than me pulling my 13,500 pound fiver with a Dodge Cummins. Go figure?