cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Host cascade today

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
We finished up the order on friday and I called this am to confirm. D&H then sent it off to the factory. I think it might be awhile but who knows. My wife really like the bathroom setup in the cascade. Looking forward to it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
62 REPLIES 62

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Keep them loaded for a quieter trip!

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I had issues with my kelderman, they built the brackets for the front end of the 4 link wrong, wouldn’t sit flush on the bottoms of the frame. They made news ones no problem, shipped missing hardware no problem but it did set me back 2 weeks. My wife will ride in the truck now unloaded, not sure if that’s a good thing….??

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
n0arp wrote:
I had the Kelderman system on my last truck and if it weren't so **** expensive might put it on the new one...

That being said, I never tried hauling a truck camper with that system and am a little concerned about the stability of it with a heavy camper. Glad to hear it does well and would love to hear more feedback on it vs the spring suspension...

We're running a Link (as opposed to the Kelderman). Just a different version of a Crescent wrench... there is no comparison. Better, smoother, more stable and adjustable. Whether empty or loaded, or loaded and then more loaded. 2nd system, wouldn't go back.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Kelderman system on my last truck and if it weren't so **** expensive might put it on the new one...

That being said, I never tried hauling a truck camper with that system and am a little concerned about the stability of it with a heavy camper. Glad to hear it does well and would love to hear more feedback on it vs the spring suspension...
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
After driving home 750 miles with the camper on. Couple things. truck rides extremely well and handles awesome. They put a new sway bar on that is twice as thick or more than the old one. After getting home and unloading . I have driven the truck a bunch and it rides about like a normal 1/2 ton unloaded. I really like the set up. It was expensive(13.3K) but worth it. I can raise and lower the truck any way I want. I love it.
But the best part is the ride is WWWAAYYYYY better!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bandit400 wrote:
Rare to find a company these days that are customer focused like that. Bet your getting excited. Can’t wait to hear the post install review.

They are customer focused pretty well, but he is dropping a lot of money there, so maybe they should. I’m not saying it’s too much, but 13K is a lot.

I had a couple of Customer Service issues resolved today. One was for a bolt that loosened and fell out of my Land Pride Grader Scraper. I wouldn’t call it a cusomter service issue except two bolts tha were next to each other both were loose. The local dealer where I bought my tractor gave me two bolts that matched my others because they were from the shop area. Note: the standard replacement bolts are black instead of Zince Chromate which is gold in color. In the second case, a PA Kubota dealer sent me the wrong parts. Once I let them know, they mailed me the correct parts with no request to send them the wrong parts back. Not thousands … in my case maybe 35 bucks for both cases. Still, I’m happy that they resolved the issues.

In any case, I’m always glad to see good Customer Service.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Bandit400
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:
They did take my bed off. They showed me how it was put on and they are making some improvements.

They also loaned me a car for all the time I am here. Great people!!

Rare to find a company these days that are customer focused like that. Bet your getting excited. Can’t wait to hear the post install review.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
They did take my bed off. They showed me how it was put on and they are making some improvements.

They also loaned me a car for all the time I am here. Great people!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bandit400
Explorer
Explorer
zb39, Look forward to some pictures and post install reviews. I called KELDERMAN on Thursday about that same setup and was quoted about same price with install. Do they have to take your flatbed off to do the install?

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I'm at the factory now in one of there RV sites. They will start tomorrow. It takes about 3 days to install.
4 link in back and bags and shocks up front. Dual compressors and air tanks all computer controlled.
I will be able to level the truck with the suspension. Same system that is on earth roamer I believe.
I will know a lot more tomorrow after I talk to them. Around 13.2K installed. You could order the parts and install yourself. I think that would save about 3K. Stay tuned.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
You’ll love it, I put the 4 link on my 350.

Bandit400
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:
I'm leaving tomorrow for Iowa to the Kelderman factory to have a full air ride system put on the truck.

zb39, That's going to be a nice upgrade! Can you provide some additional details on the Kelderman system options you went with and approximate cost for the upgrade installed?

Also, what was your primary reason for going that approach (unloaded ride quality, lower ride height, etc)? I am making my first journey into the RAM 5500 territory so like to understand a bit more what I am getting into regarding ride quality both loaded and unloaded with factory suspension.

Thanks!

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I'm leaving tomorrow for Iowa to the Kelderman factory to have a full air ride system put on the truck.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Simple, My wife liked the floor plan better.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bandit400
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:
Definitely get dual tanks, Your 5500 sounds just like mine. I ordered in Feb and it came in a couple weeks ago. I put a steel CM SK bed on it and love it. I can get the Host loaded 8 feet 9 inches.on the bed. love this truck and camper. This is my third 5500 and my second Host.

zb39, curious what led you to go from a Host Mammoth to the Cascade?