cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside LIghts

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
My travel trailer has two different switches for the door side outside lights. I have two switches inside, one is labeled OS (I assume for outside clear/white light), and one labeled porch (for outside amber light). On a recent trip I noticed that the amber outside light did not work, but has in the past.

I assumed that there were both a clear/white bulb and a separate amber bulb in he fixture. When I took the cover off the outside light there is only one bulb in there. Is this some type of a two color bulb with two separate switches operating different filaments? This has got me baffled.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT
6 REPLIES 6

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Post a photo of the fixture and the innards of it.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
It must be a LED lamp. An incandescent bulb can't change colors.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
3157 switchback led bulb ?

DrPepper1010
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any identifying marks on either the glass or the post??
How many terminals are on the bottom of the post?
Is the glass clear or amber?
Can you post a pic of the bulb?

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
I have two inside switches. When I turn one on the light is white and when I turn the other on the light is amber. The amber light has quit working. I opened up the outside expecting to find two separate bulbs one clear and one amber, however there is only one bulb in the light.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Not quiet sure what your describing? Do you have 2 outside lights, one white and one yellow.

Or

Do you have 1 light fixture and it changes from yellow to white?

My outside lights take the standard old style automotive bulbs, 1156, which is a single post bulb with one filament (used for running lights). The 1157 is a double element post. One filament is used for running lights, the other for turn signal and stop lights. The taller one is the turn signal-stop light.

However, if one light fixture fixture turns from white to yellow, I have no clue what that kind of bulb would be:

1157 (double filament)

1156 (single filament)

The 1156 also comes in Amber color too: