cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Palamino Puma Quality?

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
Came across this brand and for the floor plan size and options the pricing is VERY attractive...almost too good to be true.

Anyone have experience with these trailers?
8 REPLIES 8

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
HollywoodGT wrote:
im buyng a 2017 Puma 373 QSI this weekend couldnt pass up the deal. Owber bought it and thought they would travel and ended up staying in one place so he bought a 40 plus 5th Wheel. First time for me buying anything entry level abd first 5th wheel. My others were class A diesels. I wanted to have a vehicle and bring my Harley or UTV. I have a nice hobby wood working shop and a big auto facility so fixing things or improving them I dont mind....how ever dependability is key> Now I'm a little uncertain

Probably no better or worse than any other entry/mid level product.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

HollywoodGT
Explorer
Explorer
im buyng a 2017 Puma 373 QSI this weekend couldnt pass up the deal. Owber bought it and thought they would travel and ended up staying in one place so he bought a 40 plus 5th Wheel. First time for me buying anything entry level abd first 5th wheel. My others were class A diesels. I wanted to have a vehicle and bring my Harley or UTV. I have a nice hobby wood working shop and a big auto facility so fixing things or improving them I dont mind....how ever dependability is key> Now I'm a little uncertain

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a Wildwood X lite and it is rock solid, not single issue after 2+ years.

Bols2DawaLL
Explorer
Explorer
John Bridge wrote:
I bought a 2008 Puma (Forrest River) to pull to Alaska. After 7000 miles all four tires were bald, I couldn't get the slide to work right, and other things began to fall apart. On the way back one of the fenders fell off. I traded it in on the fifth wheel in my sig.

I'm on this forum because I've decided to go back to a smaller trailer, and it won't be a Puma. ๐Ÿ™‚

So you don't recommend them then :B:p

John_Bridge
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2008 Puma (Forrest River) to pull to Alaska. After 7000 miles all four tires were bald, I couldn't get the slide to work right, and other things began to fall apart. On the way back one of the fenders fell off. I traded it in on the fifth wheel in my sig.

I'm on this forum because I've decided to go back to a smaller trailer, and it won't be a Puma. ๐Ÿ™‚
Semi-"retarred" in 2006. ๐Ÿ™‚ 2008 Newmar Cypress 5th wheel, 2008 Dodge diesel dually to pull it with.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
they would probably be considered a entry level or lower quality TT. Much like the low quaility forest river wildwood that we bought last summer. we have enjoyed the heck out of it. and had zero issues with it. people with 50k rigs have problems also. i learned early on how to inspect and maintain it. make routine roof inspections for caulking issues,etc ,, learn how to trouble shoot and maintain it from bumper to bumper and you are good to go. youtube and forums such as this one will teach you what you need to know.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a couple of them and would put them at the low end of travel trailer quality. Having said that, they are low priced. Low enough to make me buy two.

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 and it is a well put together, no frills camper. I believe the brand was sold to Forest River at some point.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer