cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking TT on sloped driveway

jrdbrn
Explorer
Explorer
My driveway has a slope left to right due to the height we have to build now in southern Louisiana. I believe it's a 24" slope across 20'. It's fairly significant in terms of long term storage I believe. Is there anything I should do when storing it? Products to help? I'd rather not rent a place to store it.

Talking about a Starcraft 20BH.
22 REPLIES 22

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Assuming your estimate is reasonable, that means there will be around 9" between sides.

That's higher than I would like to go on blocks/boards. I might go with 3 2x8's, but that will only make up about 1/2 the cross slope. That should be fine for storage and packing use (not fridge)

If it's a permanent dedicated site for the trailer, you could pour a raised area of concrete specific for the trailer to get it level. There would be a drop off or steep slope just beyond but 9" isn't outrageous.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
jrdbrn wrote:
My driveway has a slope left to right due to the height we have to build now in southern Louisiana. I believe it's a 24" slope across 20'. It's fairly significant in terms of long term storage I believe. Is there anything I should do when storing it? Products to help? I'd rather not rent a place to store it.

I find your post confusing as it would seem really unusual to have any driveway slope so much across it's width ... along it's length to the street, sure - but across it's width? :h However, if that's what you really mean and you're looking for a side-to-side leveling solution for your trailer I sure wouldn't be using plastic leveling blocks in this application as they'll quickly deteriorate from constant exposure to the sun. I use Lynx Levelers for side-to-side leveling when camping but at home I use 2 x 12 pressure treated wood under the low side tires and since our driveway slopes noticeably to the street a set of rubber chocks between each set of adjacent tires to absolutely prevent it from shifting in any way.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

path1
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
You don't need to do anything if you're not using it. Only if you want to turn the frig on does it need to be close to level.

And water keeps flowing but I would still put something under tires creating a slope of quarter inch a foot. Still shed water but not as steep.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
You don't need to do anything if you're not using it. Only if you want to turn the frig on does it need to be close to level.

jrdbrn
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Leveling-Blocks-Hydraulic-44505/dp/B00480BWCI

Looks good to me

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I like RR ties over cement blocks. Cut to any length you like.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. Leveling blocks.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you put blocks under the low-side wheels? We do that all the time when boondocking on rough ground.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."