cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peel & stick 'wood plank' flooring

TheBeans
Explorer
Explorer
I recently saw a photo on Pinterest where someone has used peel-and-stick vinyl flooring (it looked like barnwood planks) on the wall behind their bed. Has anyone tried this kind of mod before and if so, where did you get your vinyl and what were the pros and cons of the entire project? I'd like to do this on the wall behind our bed too but not sure it's one of those mods that won't hold up with time. Seeking advice/suggestions. Thanks!
Wendy & Darrell
2014 Cougar Half-Ton 21RBSWE
2020 Ford F150
18 REPLIES 18

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Add a couple blobs per plank of adhesive and they will never fall off, thats been my experience in 40 years of construction. JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

bartlettj
Explorer
Explorer
ADK Camper wrote:
My son did this in his brick and stick house and some of the planks fell off the wall.

Prep is key to any peel and stick product. I would clean the wall well, make sure it is flat, and then prime with a flat sealing primer before using peel-and-stick flooring. It isn't going to stick well to a glossy or textured surface or one that has oil on it.

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
My son did this in his brick and stick house and some of the planks fell off the wall.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
So the issue would be whether the adhesive designed to hold vinyl to a plywood floor would hold it vertically to a wall made of...? I bet..yes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad