Explorer
16 REPLIES 16

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
OOOOOO, to be young again.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
SPRey wrote:
Gotta give the guy credit for:

1. Thinking outside the box.
2. Executing the plan.

How many times so we stroke our chin and think about doing something unique...but fail to execute the plan? Perpetual drawing board is where many dreams remain.

When I agree with general statement, this guy was also thinking "inside redneck box".
On my Alaskan trip I meet Austrian-American who imported Austrian military truck and converted it to RV.
You might zoom on the picture to see it.
The Austrian truck not only looks good, so the guy can park it on front of friend house, but I bet makes at least double mpg comparing to above truck.

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gotta give the guy credit for:

1. Thinking outside the box.
2. Executing the plan.

How many times so we stroke our chin and think about doing something unique...but fail to execute the plan? Perpetual drawing board is where many dreams remain.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

ajriding
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the plumbing, thats about it. Lot's of examples of how not to do a build.
All that detail work with the copper, then he just puts a garbage box for cabinets?
15 tons? wow!
I think an F250 or RAM could have done the same thing and he could have driven it more.
At what point should you consider that $2,000 craigslist used trailer and a $1,500 truck verses the military vehicle that Autozone does not carry parts for?
This build is all passion, no logic.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
On other hand, for living full time he has comfort no RV can give him.
Wood burning stove with coils for water heating, huge space and height.
Are those wheels really 500lb? I remember semitruck wheel at only 180 lb.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
"80 gallons of fuel. Doesn't last very long."

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
hwdean wrote:
There is nothing stealthy about it...just the opposite, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Thats why /S for sarcasm Lol

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Looks cool but if you’ve ever ridden in an Army truck of that size for a 100 miles you’ll never buy one.

Twasn't that bad...Some old logging trucks are way worse...lol..I saw a duece and a half up hunting chained up,chewing through a tree that was across the road with the front chains....
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

hwdean
Explorer
Explorer
There is nothing stealthy about it...just the opposite, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks cool but if you’ve ever ridden in an Army truck of that size for a 100 miles you’ll never buy one.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Love the stealth fender-mounted chain saw.
Amazing what you can do with old military truck and old shipping container.
As noted- only thing you can't do is passing gas station.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice beast. :C

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Pretty cool, but I didn't make it more than a few minutes into the video due to the obnoxious bell ringing in the background.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator