Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Photo Thread - Post Your PUP Pics Here

beewook
Explorer
Explorer

Still in the showroom - can't wait to pick it up Friday

Post photos of your Popup on this thread.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

See the links below for help with posting photos.

PhotoBucket.com - Free Photo Hosting
Tent (10') Feet
Chevy 3/4 Ton Diesel Pickup
2006 Forest River Flagstaff 205
645 REPLIES 645

BPRescue
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my PUP, though I am considering adding a TT to the fleet. I do a lot of back country camping, including on the smaller mountain lakes, so this small PUP with a boat rack gets me to those isolated places well away from other people.

I have quite a few mods on it allowing me to access the lake, getting to areas most don't go, all with the mindset of dry camping.

Mods
โ€ข Self loading boat rack. Surprisingly, I looked for years and nobody makes a boat rack that will sufficiently hold the weight of a 150# aluminum boat. I used to put a canoe atop the PUP, though once I had kids, wanted a more stable platform; hence the deep V aluminum. Problem was, it was large and heavy. It took 30 min to an hour to load, and secure it properly without damaging the vent or roof and still be safe. Since I could not find a boat rack beyond your garden variety Thule that put stress on the roof, I designed one. I needed speed, simplicity of loading and I wanted to be able to do it myself, without the wife. So, I created a rack where the top was removable and the bottom welded to the frame as to keep the weight off of the roof. It has a roller on the rear, and uses a boat winch to either roll it on by handle, or battery powered drill. So now, there is no more lifting and my at the time 9 year old daughter could load it by herself. it locks in the same exact location, with pre determined tie downs and takes literal just a few minutes to load and secure. It does save immense time. Note: the boat also has removable wheels, so I can walk, or tow it from the campsite to the lake. No need to bring the camper to the water. Also guide rails back and front as to load off level without fear of sliding off, but also secure in same location every time.
โ€ข 2 = 12V batteries in parallel.
โ€ข 100W thin film solar panel.
โ€ข Junction box with solar controller, and quick connects for solar, charger, extra battery if needed, etc. I do have just one propane bottle, so with cooking, heat and lights, the only thing that limits me is the propane. My longest trip was 7 nights and using all without consideration of rationing still had power and gas left. My guess is I could easily last a couple weeks as long as it is not raining the entire time...
โ€ข LED lights. This was a great mod and with the power gain, I am not in conserve mode.
โ€ข Axel flipped to provide more ground clearance and larger wheels added for better flotation and protection against rocks, etc. I purchased this a few years before they built the Baja type off roading PUP. Wasn't thrilled and have always wanted a Baja, but did not think it was justified since this has gotten me anywhere I wanted to go be it sandy beach, river rock bed, rocky/rough terrain, etc. It is also a small footprint, so easy to maneuver be it trees or whatnot. I never worry about turning around. I has made it places some 4 wheel drives won't go, so it does fine.

Boat Rack/PUP

Top portion is removable and inserts into the permanent frame locked in using clevis pins. Note that the clevis pins hold no weight, but instead just a form of lock.

12v Deep cycle batteries in parallel, with junction box for solar charge controller/charger, emergency bat hookup, etc.

raco
Explorer
Explorer
camping at lewis & clark state park north dakota 2 weeks ago

[/img][/img]

Kalegley
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, Images are not showing. How can i show this?

Thanks !!

Narragansett55
Explorer
Explorer
Our first camper. 2003 Viking Legend 2465ST.

thehelferfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Here's our rig:

Don and Heather
3 beautiful girls
Bella the pudgy camping dog

Camping in a 2016 Fuzion 345
pulled by a 2008 Chevrolet 3500 diesel dually

TAGLARRY
Explorer
Explorer

SuperiorBound
Explorer
Explorer
For a small camper I like the Scarab

EvilUncleEarnie
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our New2Us 1995 Jayco J1207 Pop Up Camper

We just bought it two days ago. It needs a little work here and there, but is in great shape otherwise. It came with new tires (including spare), new hoses for the dual propane hookup, and a new battery. I want to install a propane cover and replace the battery box. Also I want to paint and re-caulk the roof. It needs a couple of side marker lights and some covers for the hookups. I removed the gas tanks and battery since we have to park it in our driveway...

ScarabRV
Explorer
Explorer

60 second push button set up.
22 cubic feet of storage space.
300 pounds.
Awesome.

www.scarabrv.camp

Dream_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon And 2008 Rockwood 1910

The only mod I needed was 1000lb Air lift ($100) and balancing the cargo (the heavy stuff go behind the popup axle)
The Jeep tow and handle this camper like a dream!

AND Add-on-room for the rainy days

A Girl vs RV world - I know I can do this!
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon +
2015 Jayco SLX 184BH + Andersen No Sway WDH

catseye1
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at rv's, tt's, pup-ups and hybrids for better part of a year now, and we settled on a popup as being best for our situation.

We found a 2008 Rockwood 276 High Wall which at $6000, appears to be a great deal:

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Little late reply, but great looking campers guys!

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

MsJayne
Explorer
Explorer

Here's MsJayne! A 2003 Coleman Niagara Grand Tour Elite. Picked her up in June this year.

Scrollinkrazy
Explorer
Explorer
2014 living lite 10.0 quick sliver

JAYHAWKERS
Explorer
Explorer
Old pup in perfect condition. Click For Full-Size Image.[/img]/Users/johnmlindley/Desktop/IMG_0134.JPG