cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pile of wood crumbs/dust

cjlloyd
Explorer
Explorer
For months now we have found small piles against the wall on the floor below the window. The piles come to a peak flush with the wall. It's small pieces of wood flakes, smaller than a pin head. We have put ant killer under the rug at this spot to no avail. When we went back the next week there was another pile. Pile being 3-4 inches wide coming to a pile about 2-3 inches tall. Thinking something is inside the wall, tossing crumbs out through a gap in the window frame and wall. Please help! Not such whT the bug or Nt is OR how to get rid of it/them before they eat my trailer. So far I can find no soft spots in the wall.
If I knew how to post a picture, I would. :?
CJ
2010 Forestriver Sierra
16 REPLIES 16

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious if this is a permanently parked RV?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

cjlloyd
Explorer
Explorer
UGH,!!!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
cjlloyd wrote:
No tenbear I saw if after. wondering how a fogger gets behind the wall.
ADK where can I purchase that stuff?
WAIT!! I just found some stuff I had Deltamethrin, which I used on those bees that bore into your facia boards. Bet this will work. I just have to get the dust into the window cracks. I'll try it out in a couple of weeks when I go back to the trailer. Wish me luck!!!
Thanks for all your ideas!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

If they are a wood boring insect, and there are many species, I bet it will only work for a short time, or maybe as long as even this mating season.

They will be back.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Paul_61
Explorer
Explorer
wood bores. You have to treat the wood to kill them not sure on the treatment but you can find out from your county agent on what will kill them. They are so small you can hardly see them. They make a very small round hole and a very fine dust. My guess any way.
Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 diesel
Rockwood 2608 WS 2014

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
cjlloyd wrote:

I can't answer that, I get out too fast.

The last time we used it, the ants were coming in thru a screw hole, now plugged, and we had an awful lot of dead ants and didn't see any more live ones.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that this would be a really good time to call in a professional. Do you have a pest control for regular treatment of your house? Give 'em a call or just pick someone reputable - ask some friends. In our neck of the woods, if you don't have routine pest control - Jeff, the bug man - you're eaten out of house and home pretty quickly. Would I be right in guessing that your trailer is wood stud with aluminum??
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

cjlloyd
Explorer
Explorer
ADK where can I purchase that stuff?
WAIT!! I just found some stuff I had Deltamethrin, which I used on those bees that bore into your facia boards. Bet this will work. I just have to get the dust into the window cracks. I'll try it out in a couple of weeks when I go back to the trailer. Wish me luck!!!
Thanks for all your ideas!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
After 30 years in the business, I can tell you that you have drywood termites in Houston, BUT, they do not drop and spread as you show in the picture. The droppings normally form a well defined cone. I don't think they are termites based on one picture.

Take the droppings to a local Agricultural extension agent. They will be to ID them, using local knowledge, and then provide a recommendation for control. Professional knowledge and advice for free. A rare example of your taxes working well.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I had carpenter ants in a pop-up years ago. I had good luck getting rid of them with Terro. It's a slow poison using Borax. The reason it's so effective is because it does act slowly so the ants bring the poison into the nest where it gradually kills the whold colony. It's cheap and easy; I recommend you give it a try.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Your picture looks fine to me. Did you see my post just before your's?

cjlloyd
Explorer
Explorer
well I cant figure out what I need to change in my "preference settings" to get the picture to show up. GRRRRRR
so if it's carpenter ants or termites how do I get rid of them? I see no evidence of them under trailer. Nor do I know how they got in.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
When we get infested with insects, usually ants, we use Zodiac Flea Trol Fogger. I'm sure there are other brands. We bought it at the local hardware store.

You put it in the area to be fogged and set it off then leave the area for at least 2 hours, then air the area out for another 2 hours. Any ants, etc, in the area are killed.

Good luck!!!

cjlloyd
Explorer
Explorer

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
carpenter ants?