cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Placement and effectiveness of Wave 3

fjrjohnny
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen some really nice set-ups of the Olympian heater on this site, especially when the heater is placed at or near the rear of the TC. However, I own a Lance 915 and don't know if that type of install would work for me.

So, I am wondering how effective the unit would be if it was installed in the center of the TC and most likely facing the dining area? Has anyone experienced this? If so, how effective is the unit in this type of set-up, and what might be the pitfalls?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Raften wrote:
... I plan to move it to a solid mount across from the table. Reason is dogs, on the floor in the limited space near the door causes a bottle neck while getting in and out and the danger of knocking it over. ...
Keep in mind, if the dogs sleep under the table, you will have Hot Dogs:E. The Wave will cook them.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is located near the back door on a hose so I can direct the heat. I plan to move it to a solid mount across from the table. Reason is dogs, on the floor in the limited space near the door causes a bottle neck while getting in and out and the danger of knocking it over. I do have it secured so that should not happen but dogs are big and pushy.

Just don't have it facing any wall too close. The heat can soften the panel glue.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a lot to be said for installing a propane quick disconnect and using the hose to put the Wave by the door. I guess a lot depends on how often you use the heater, and will it seriously hamper going in and out of the door.

Using the hose and disconnect, three screws in the door to mount the Wave is also a good location. You can simply raise the Wave to remove it from the door, when you want. Mounted to the door, it will swing with the door and not interfere with going in or out of the TC.

Wayne

1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

fjrjohnny
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Wayne. That is the type of info that I am looking for. The more that I think about it, the more I want to find a way to mount it near the rear door and facing the rest of the TC. Perhaps some type of folding fixed mount, or using the leg accessory and hose kits.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Wave3 is installed in the center of the TC and facing the dining area. When I sit at the dinning table with the Wave3 on, my legs get very hot. I have to drape a towel over the edge of the table to prevent it. Between the towel and my legs, there is about a six inch air gap. The towel works fine, but is a nuisance. I installed my Wave over eight years ago, so obviously using the towel has not bothered me enough to re-locate the wave. The Wave is located in a bad location.

When you simply walk by a Wave heater, there is no problem, but having it directed directly at you it will warm you up more that you would like.

I do not have a basement, and I have a U shaped dining area.

Wayne